Logging Zumba?

Options
I can't seem to find Zumba in the exercise database - is there some secret code word I should use instead? How do you track your Zumbaness?

Cheers!

Replies

• charly39
    charly39 Posts: 11
    Options
    I haven't found alot of the exercises. I take Body Combat and Body Pump at Gold's Gym. Let me know if you find it. I took the class last night too! :smile:
  • bittibuddha
    Options
    I found the website zumbacalories.com and used their calculator to add three entries to the MFP Exercise Database. Each of the entries (Low/Medium/High Intensity) are based on a 150 pound person though, so you may need to change your numbers for your current weight. For me, its about right (at the moment.)

I'm heading to my first Zumba class tonight to add to my weight lifting and triathlon training and am excited! (mainly to know how many more calories I can eat back)

Cheers!
  • Shellza
    Shellza Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I use my HRM and just added my own exercise and change calories accordingly
  • SWilland
    SWilland Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I dont have a HRM so i log it as Aerobics, high impact from the MFP Database.
  • a_new_dawn
    a_new_dawn Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Same as. I added my own exercise "zumba" and added whatever the calories were in high impact aerobics. of course if you do it at a lower intensity you can use the low impact aerobics figure.
    I dont have a HRM so i log it as Aerobics, high impact from the MFP Database.
  • reneecandoit
    Options
    I did a little research myself because i too, Love zumba. if you go to the zumbacalories.com and click on the top where it says weights loss. Then go to first sections where is says How Many Calories Does Zumba Burn. click on continue reading. Then it brings you to another page. At the end of the 6 or 7 paragraphs, there is a Calorie calculator button that you can click on. Go to the bottom of that page, and there is the calculator!! I hope this helps.