For my daughter.

Options
Howdy everyone!

I'm 27 and my wife an I are expecting our first daughter within a month.

Recently at a blood drive I was rejected because of high blood pressure. With a history of heart disease and high blood pressure in my family I've made the decision to start taking better care of myself.

This post is just to introduce myself and maybe see if there's anyone out there in the same boat. Totally interested in finding a group of people to go through this with!

Replies

• SheilahArnett4
    Options
    I am a momma of 2.
    My son is Brayden and he is 4 and my little girl is Avery who is almost 2!
    Feel free to add me! I love having a support group. I feel that if I didn't have this site, I would not be
    doing as good as I am. Best of luck to you!
  • trinitylyons01
    trinitylyons01 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Hi There! Like SheilahArnett said, I KNOW I would not have made it this far either without MFP. The support here motivates me to keep going. The results from other people encourage me to work hard and never give up. The encouraging words from friends make me feel better when the inevitable happens and I have a bad day.

Congratulations for taking your first step! Don't ever give up and you will see results! Feel free to add me as a friend if you want to and good luck to you!
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Welcome! And good for you for choosing your health for not just yourself but for your daughter. :)
  • 2befit2
    2befit2 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    you can add me
  • ncbrowneyes97
    ncbrowneyes97 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Way to go for deciding to get healthier! You can add me- I have known for a while my weight was getting out of control but wasn't til I was told I had high chloesterol that I listened. I didn't want to be put on meds so the weight is slowly coming off!! I am a mommy of 3 girls ages 12, 10, & 5- Good luck and Congrats on the baby!
  • Corpsebride1981
    Options
    Hi there

I have an 18 month old daughter and wished I had looked after myself before she was born as I am now struggling to lose the weight. So feel free to add me for some encouragement :)
  • leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Great decision!! You can friend me if you would like.

Here's my info.
    Family history: Everybody dies @ 55 on my paternal side from heart failure, usually having had at least 1 stroke (no kidding 55 seems to be the magic number). I was doing well until surgery in November and then my weight ballooned for the first time since having my last child.
    Started loosing in Feb.
    42 yo female, currently 143.8 pounds (weighed in today)
    Heart attack @ 35yo.
    BP = Current 137/96 (166/116 in Jan)
    Diet/exercise controlled diabetic
    Diet/exercise/vitamin controlled cholesterol

Watch that salt. Man, it's a killer for me. I love soup but can't eat the processed stuff because it's so high in sodium.

I really want to see my 13 yo graduate from both high school and college. Would be nice to see my 22yo and 26yo have kids one day, too.
  • ltupola
    ltupola Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I went through the same thing with my first pregnancy. Like SheilahArnett, my daughter is now 4 and my son is almost 2. I have been trying to be better and healthier for them and future pregnancies. I just went through my third miscarriage in the past 5 years, so I am trying hard to become healthier, although that wasn't the reasons for the miscarriages, I would feel better if I knew for sure. Anyways.... I have had great success so far joining mfp... So add me!
  • goldenrj
    goldenrj Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I would love to have a BP buddy .

I'm struggling with BP too, for the first time in my life it won't go down!!!!!
    Lots of stress lately, mother sick, gpa died, mother sick, mother sick. I have gained 10 pounds in 3 months just from stress eating, so with my doc threatening to put me on BP meds, i have to get serious about losing weight and regular exercise again. My two beautiful nieces both went on a weight loss program w/MFP after christmas and they are doing great, so i decided to join. Here's to seeing less of us all. LOl
  • leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I would love to have a BP buddy .

I'm struggling with BP too, for the first time in my life it won't go down!!!!!
    Lots of stress lately, mother sick, gpa died, mother sick, mother sick. I have gained 10 pounds in 3 months just from stress eating, so with my doc threatening to put me on BP meds, i have to get serious about losing weight and regular exercise again. My two beautiful nieces both went on a weight loss program w/MFP after christmas and they are doing great, so i decided to join. Here's to seeing less of us all. LOl

Again, watch that sodium level, too. It's in everything but it's really high in processed foods. Luckily MFP tracks it for you if you select it.
  • ryno0618
    ryno0618 Posts: 361
    Options
    excellent reasons to be here and to be doing it for your future daughter, family, and yourself! Keep motivated, work hard, log everything, determination and hardwork = results.
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    Welcome to motherhood and to the the MFP family.

I am a active duty navy and navy wife and mommy of two.. .Rion is my autistic/adhd sunshine who is 7 and Ethen is my daddys boy and he is 1. Feel free to add me. Nice to meet u
  • stunningalmond
    stunningalmond Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Hey there!! I'm a mom of two wee girls :) HBP, high cholesterol and diabetes run rampant in my family too. So far all I've got is the high cholesterol, which I take medication for.

It's such a nice gift you're giving your daughter, to be here for her :)

Feel free to add me :D
  • connie_messina
    connie_messina Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Hi! Welcome! Ii had my daughter at your age also! shes almost 19 now! i had high blood pressure also! i was taking meds lowest dosage for a while, then i got off them and since im losing weight my blood pressure is normal!! so get healthy and you will live a long and happy life!
  • rchughes
    rchughes Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi! It's great to hear that you would have decided to improve your health for your daughter. You are making a wise decision. Trying to encourage friends and people to help you is also quite admirable. I've been going to the gym and attempting to improve my health since January and recently started personal training. I've been going to some classes (TRX & Kettle bell) each week for nearly 3 months now and since I started the training I want to reduce my attendance to these classes but since I've developed friendships with the instructors and other regulars I can't bring myself to stop going to either class. So now I go 5 times a week and sometimes more.

So if you go to a gym introduce yourself to some folks there and get to know some people because it will provide much more motivation to keep going and you may get to a point where you need to reduce your attendance (like in my case).

Another thing, I have a 3-year old son who has been rock solid since he was a baby. Though not chubby, he was 40 lbs before he was two and a half. If your daughter is anything like him, you may need to keep working out just to pick her up =)

I would love to add you as a friend here on MFP,
    Ryan.
  • lcooke24
    lcooke24 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Hi! Feel free to add me as well. I have one BP med and am hoping to come off it by the end of summer. I am really loving this site and loving all the inspiration I am getting!
  • Babygirl928
    Babygirl928 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Hi I am the mom of 3 and 108 lbs over weight. Getting in shape for them and the grandkids to come. I am on here daily and try to motivate all of my friends. Anyone needing some encouragement feel free to add me. Welcome to mfp and best of luck on your journey!
  • johnsummerton
    johnsummerton Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Good that you have started nice and young , I left it a lot later , mfp is a great tool. Live long and enjoy your daughter . You are welcome to my support if you want . Most of all find exercise you enjoy.