Sick and Tired

Options
Sick and tired of being Sick and Tired!

I am a stay at home mom of three children. 14,13 and 9 years old. Over the past year, I've lost and gained the same 15 pounds! Trying to get back on track. I've always been active and exercised. I've tried Jenny, WW, LA weight loss, Adkins, etc. Just gave up the last three months. Need to get Back on the WAgon! And I want to do it without dumping a bunch of money into these companies pockets!!
Help!

Replies

• LadyV
    LadyV Posts: 21
    Options
    I have tried so many also and like you am tired of giving my money away to everyone else. So I started this program and am on my third week, and it is working. I am just eating healthy, making good choices and working out 5-6 times a week. 3 times cardio, 2 times strength training and if I am up to it on Saturday's I do it all. I have found that by logging what I eat and do it is helping me make better choices. I can eat what I want and follow my own routine. The calorie count is so important.

I am also a mother of 3 teenage boys. . . . 17, 14 & 13. . . .

Not sure if I helped, but I hope you do well using this online tool!
  • dbg1
    dbg1 Posts: 208
    Options
    Focus on one thing at a time. For example - no pop this month. Then next month no candy. Stay focused on the long term goal not the short term. Don't focus on weight. Focus on being healthier.

ONE DAY AT A TIME:happy:

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • vctkell
    Options
    Then don't ! You have 2 legs and if you have time get out and walk, it's free ! Start reading there is all kinds of helpful information on here. I learn something new just about every day on this site about people, about nutrition and about fitness. You don't have to buy their foods to lose weight just
    learn how to eat what you like. You have to take the first step cause nobody else is gonna
    do it for you......... Like they say just do it ! :smile:
  • Karenne
    Karenne Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi..I joined here about 3 weeks ago and ive found it to be the best site ever....I do go swimming 3 times a week for 45 mins. but overall just logging on to here and reading all the info and message boards there is a huge amount of support here and its the best thing ive came across..Ive tried many things in the past also that cost money, but just by recording what i eat here it makes me more accountable to what i choose to eat and with a little exercising as well, im starting to lose weight slowly.....Just take one step at a time and there is always someone here to help and support you..
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I always say- you don't have to pay anyone to allow you to lose weight. Those "Lose 20 pounds for only $20!" type commercials always p' me off. Eat less, exercise more. It's free!

Welcome to MFP. :smile:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Sick and tired of being Sick and Tired!

I am a stay at home mom of three children. 14,13 and 9 years old. Over the past year, I've lost and gained the same 15 pounds! Trying to get back on track. I've always been active and exercised. I've tried Jenny, WW, LA weight loss, Adkins, etc. Just gave up the last three months. Need to get Back on the WAgon! And I want to do it without dumping a bunch of money into these companies pockets!!
    Help!

Hi, and welcome to THE best site on the web! :flowerforyou:
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it! :wink:
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off! :noway:
    Don't go making the mistake that if you have LOTS of numbers left at the end of the day that you'll lose even faster, because that DOESN'T happen. Feel free to read any info about the site in the "help" section at the top of the home page. And also, under "all topics", then "general", and check out the first few threads. They'll really help you understand how MFP works. :smile:
    Before coming here, I had tried just about EVERYTHING out there, including hypnosis, TWICE, and nothing really worked until MFP! :love:
    Also, drink LOTS of water, it REALLY DOES help! :drinker:
    As for exercise, it doesn't always have to be awful. For my exercise, I walk almost every day, (weather permitting!) I also dance to a fast oldies CD that my husband made up of all my favorite old songs. (Like "Love Shack", Wild, Wild West", "Mony, Mony", "Footloose", and "Gloria")
    It's free, (unlike a gym!) fun, and I can even watch tv at the same time, so I never get bored! :happy:
    I also recently aquired the Wii Fit, and jog to that, which is a lot of fun, and easy too! :smile:
    So, to make a LONG story short, make good food choices, eat in moderation, get some exercise, and you WILL lose the weight that you want to! :smile:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever!!! You will love this site if you don't already. I love this site. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, easy to use, and everyone is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to wish you a lot of success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!!!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: