Howzit from Sunny South Africa

Options
TanyaCohen
TanyaCohen Posts: 17 Member
Hi All

I live in South Africa and am very overweight for my height. I started on Weight Watchers which I love doing. however, planning the meals etc seems to be a huge task sometimes.

I came across myfitnesspal while looking for a Weight Watchers app. Planning and tracking food has never been easier.

Soooo...I have decided to give this a bash instead of Weight Watchers to see how it works :):)

Just wish it would give me more protein points per day....LOL

Happy weight losing :)

XX

Replies

• skward04
    skward04 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Welcome from the Midwest! :)

Feel free to add me! I have my diary open to friends and I aim to eat at least 120, 130 g protein daily!

I also plan most days and cook alot of meals myself, so I know what you mean about planning! It can be quite the undertaking.

Best wishes on your journey!
  • carriem73
    carriem73 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    welcome from sunny Florida- feel free to add me as well- I loove having friends from all over the world!
  • AHoggins
    AHoggins Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Howzit, I grew up in South Africa, East Rand.I now live in the Uk. Feel free to add me I you like :)
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Hi welcome ,you have made a great discovery :) this site is awesome!
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    This has nothing to do with weight loss, but are you near the coast in South Africa??? That has always been like a dream destination for me to visit and I've never actually met anybody who's ever been there!

I'm from Texas (USA) btw :) Of course, I say Texas first, as if it's a country all on its own...
  • nigel061
    nigel061 Posts: 109
    Options
    Welcome to MFP from a cloudy England! This is a great site.

If you feel you are missing out on protein, you can manually customise your macro ratios so that you have a greater protein daily allowance.
  • jcomley1
    jcomley1 Posts: 133
    Options
    This has nothing to do with weight loss, but are you near the coast in South Africa??? That has always been like a dream destination for me to visit and I've never actually met anybody who's ever been there!

I'm from Texas (USA) btw :) Of course, I say Texas first, as if it's a country all on its own...

My family is from Cape Town! I lived in Johannesburg all my life and have since moved to UK to study (its not as sunny here....)
    I have spent a LOT of time on the coast and I would encourage you to make a trip at least once in your life. Most vibrant, cultural, rich place on earth (but i am slightly bias) beautiful weather, beautiful coast, and beautiful people. So you are right for wanting to go! hehe. :smile:
  • Crazy4Healthy
    Crazy4Healthy Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    You can manually adjust your ratios. Welcome to MFP!!!
  • TanyaCohen
    Options
    Welcome to MFP from a cloudy England! This is a great site.

If you feel you are missing out on protein, you can manually customise your macro ratios so that you have a greater protein daily allowance.

Aaaah. Thank you :)
    I would much rather lower my carb and fat intake :)
  • TanyaCohen
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome and advice :)

I live in Johannesburg, South Africa. The rat race of South Africa...LOL
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome and advice :)

I live in Johannesburg, South Africa. The rat race of South Africa...LOL

I live in England, but a HUGE fan of the Kaizer Chiefs...I spent the world cup based in Johannesburg at the Protea wanderers ..I can't wait to visit again :-)
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    South Africa!! I plan a career with exotic animals and one of my dreams is to work at a place like the Lion Park in South Africa! <3

Welcome to MFP :)
  • mfanyafujo
    mfanyafujo Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm in Tanzania. Welcome to MFP, feel free to add me!
  • TanyaCohen
    Options
    South Africa!! I plan a career with exotic animals and one of my dreams is to work at a place like the Lion Park in South Africa! <3

Welcome to MFP :)

One of the most rewarding experiences I had was being able to hold a white lion at the Lion & Rhino park.
    Follow your dream!!
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    I am a kenyan ,transplanted in England..so cool to see so many africans here...and kenya is where you go for Lions ;-)
  • TanyaCohen
    Options
    I am a kenyan ,transplanted in England..so cool to see so many africans here...and kenya is where you go for Lions ;-)

Kenya is definitely on my list of places to go in Africa!! :)
  • mfanyafujo
    mfanyafujo Posts: 232 Member
    Options

Out of curiosity, how's your Swahili?