Cherry Juice - anyone else taking it?

Options
Hi there - I am interested to know of other peoples experiences with cherry juice - I have found it fantastic for helping with arthritis pain and I swear it helps me get a good nights sleep. I take about 50mls in a glass of water before bed and I sleep so well its like taking a sleeping pill. It's the Cherry Juice Concentrate that contains a mix of tart and sweet cherry puree. It has antioxidants and is marketed as a "joint formula". I love it! Keen to hear others opinions!

Replies

• 1213shell
    1213shell Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I drink Knudsen's organic tart cherry juice for my RA and find that it helps tremendously with joint pain. I haven't noticed anything regarding its effect on my sleep but I'll certainly watch for this now that you've made mention of it.
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    I had a bout with gout a few years ago, and let me tell you IT SUCKED!!!!! I could barely walk and I was in constant agony.

My wife's grandfather, who fought gout most of his adult life, recommended dark cherry juice, which I found at a local market. I downed an 8 ounce glass of it along with about three glasses of water, and experienced a reduction in my pain by about 3/4 within about 20 minutes. Within an hour, the pain was entirely gone. Drinking just a few ounces of it a day until the gout passed left me pain-free (I'd drink a glass in the morning and see if the pain returned overnight - if I woke up with gout pains, down goes another few ounces of juice!). I've had several friends who have had joint pain issues which have been relieved with small doses of it.

I recommended it to a friend at work at one point, but he said it didn't work for him (I did find out from him later that he had bought "cherry juice" which I think was Juicy Juice or something with a lot of artificial stuff and sugars, but little actual cherry juice - this despite my bringing in the actual container and telling him where to buy it - he said the stuff I recommended was "too expensive" at $3.90 a quart - which would have been less than 1/4 the co-pay for the meds which proved equally ineffective).

For 4 bucks, it's worth a shot. But get actual, real, dark cherry juice. It should be rich purple-red and very tart.
  • LaGinny
    LaGinny Posts: 7
    Options
    Great to hear your feedback thanks. Yes the one that I have is pulpy, dark and tart! I have also experienced gout and will swig on it if I get an attack. But since I have been taking the cherry daily I haven't had another attack so I feel like I am using it as a preventative for gout, along with drinking plenty of water. I also find it cheaper than regular meds for arthritis/sleeping/gout and its a natural product with other benefits as well so I can't really see a downside to taking it. I have tried lots of things but I think this is a winner! I hope you continue to get good results.