Low cal / low fat protein bars

Options
amykluver
amykluver Posts: 184 Member
Anyone know any GOOD low cal or low fat protein bars? I like that the Special K bars are low fat and more "granola bar like" than chalky protein bar but I'm really getting sick of the same 2 types of bars. Which ones do you think TASTE good and are low fat?

Replies

• Feddyvon
    Feddyvon Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    The Clif Builders Bars have been a staple of my diet since I started. I struggled to get enough Protein during the day, and this was a quick fix. They aren't exactly low cal, or low fat, but reasonable in both. I usually eat half in the mid-morning, and then the rest in the mid afternoon.
  • bopper
    bopper Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Read the labels many bars have tons of sugar and palm kernel oil in them which is very bad on the arteries. Quest bars are a great choice. Just google quest bars. special K bars have sugar as well, adkin bars I think are good but again palm kernel oil is one of the ingredients. I find the good bars pricey too. Maybe research making your own.
  • Todzilla7
    Todzilla7 Posts: 24
    Options
    Not sure what your standards for a protein bar, but some of the main staples in my diet due to their taste and content are:

Zone Perfect Dark Chocolate Almond Bars - 190 calories and 12 grams of protein

Kashi Go Lean Crunchy! Chocolate Caramel Protein and Fiber Bar - 150 calories, 8g of protein, 6g of fiber

Kashi Go Lean Roll! Caramel Peanut - 190 cals, 12g of protein, 6g of fiber