Freaky Eaters??

Options
I'm watching this TV show called "Freaky Eaters" that follows people who have strange eating habits. For example, the last episode I watched was about a lady who ate NOTHING but potatoes with cheese on them. She would get physically sick whenever presented with a new food. And the episode I'm watching now is about a lady who is addicted to eating corn starch.

So, what's the "freakiest" thing you've ever eaten? Any weird food combos you like? Any non-traditional foods?

I feel like I haven't really eaten anything too freaky. Maybe raw octopus... but that's not too atypical.

Replies

• Tuffjourney
    Tuffjourney Posts: 971
    Options
    Ok, for some places its not freaky, but to me it was. Blood sausage and I loved it....scarey :tongue:
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    What channel is that? Sounds interesting!

Is that the same show where the people eat laundry detergent and toilet paper?
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    I'm a picky eater and don't eat weird foods. But I have an odd eating habit: Every time I eat, the first bite gets chewed on my right side and the next bite is slightly large than the first and gets chewed on my left side. And repeat. I have a weird thing that because my right side is my dominant side, I need to do more for my left to make both sides equal?
  • gracey2521
    gracey2521 Posts: 72
    Options

Possibly, I'm just watching it for the first time. It's on TLC.
  • pundas
    pundas Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    My absolute favorite pizza is pineapple and mushroom! All my friends think its totally weird. My boyfriend thought it was strange at first, then I got him to try it and now he eats it too! Thats about the freakiest thing I've eaten though
  • AmyM713
    AmyM713 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    I've eaten cooked chicken hearts and thought they were really good, until I started really thinking about what I was eating and became a little ill, its just like liver I love the smell but the taste is awful. I've also had moose and have to say yummy!! I know these aren't too strange or freaky but to some they might be.
  • gracey2521
    Options
    I'm a picky eater and don't eat weird foods. But I have an odd eating habit: Every time I eat, the first bite gets chewed on my right side and the next bite is slightly large than the first and gets chewed on my left side. And repeat. I have a weird thing that because my right side is my dominant side, I need to do more for my left to make both sides equal?

How strange! I do something similar, but just because a filling I just got on my left side is messed up and I need to get it replaced :tongue:
  • coliema
    Options

Yes! That's it then! I've never seen an episode where they actually have a food "problem". All the ones I have seen are household items, or things that shouldn't be eaten/drank! I've only seen about 8 episodes though..I'll have to record the one's that are on when I'm not home.
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Probably blood sausage or frogs legs...the blood sausage was...interesting at best. The frogs legs were fine, but not worth the work...
  • coliema
    Options
    My absolute favorite pizza is pineapple and mushroom! All my friends think its totally weird. My boyfriend thought it was strange at first, then I got him to try it and now he eats it too! Thats about the freakiest thing I've eaten though

Strange you say that....that is my favorite pizza and none of my friends will try it and neither will my fiance! It's sooo good!
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    I don't really like anything freaky... Although I used to love putting gravy on my macaroni salad...ewww....sounds so gross but tastes so good. No serious, gravy no anything is amazing! hahahahaha
  • chicky89
    chicky89 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Not to strange... well maybe to some people... but bear meat.
  • gracey2521
    Options

My parents love Hawaiian pizza, which is just pineapple and ham. I think it's gross, mostly because I don't like warm pineapple.
  • alliegeorge
    alliegeorge Posts: 114
    Options
    I used to dip my mcdonalds chips into milkshakes.
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options

My parents love Hawaiian pizza, which is just pineapple and ham. I think it's gross, mostly because I don't like warm pineapple.

My father used to love Hawaiin pizza too. I'm with you - it is gross! LOL
  • gracey2521
    Options
    I don't really like anything freaky... Although I used to love putting gravy on my macaroni salad...ewww....sounds so gross but tastes so good. No serious, gravy no anything is amazing! hahahahaha

Totally agree with you! I love gravy :love:
  • pundas
    pundas Posts: 167 Member
    Options

Strange you say that....that is my favorite pizza and none of my friends will try it and neither will my fiance! It's sooo good!

Thats too funny! I have always loved them both seprately and then decided to try them both on a pizza lol everytime I order it at a restaurant I get weird looks from the waiter/waitress
  • mcrowe1016
    mcrowe1016 Posts: 647 Member
    Options

Yes! That's it then! I've never seen an episode where they actually have a food "problem". All the ones I have seen are household items, or things that shouldn't be eaten/drank! I've only seen about 8 episodes though..I'll have to record the one's that are on when I'm not home.

Strange Addiction is the show where they eat the household items. Freaky Eaters is generally just food items (I watch all these shows :smile: )
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    I eat all of my foods one at a time off of my plate. Casseroles drive me crazy because they are all mixed together. I also don't let my foods touch. Where they touch, I don't eat. I have had quite a few 'freaky' foods. I have had a lot of authentic Chinese, Taiwanese, Middle Eastern, Ethiopian foods. Please don't ask what most of them are. I honestly couldn't tell you.
  • kymillion
    kymillion Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    the more Exotic for me the better ( cant put obvious animal organs anywhere near my mouth ) liver, heart, eyes, all that ****s outta the question. ..love sushi
    love shellfish, love oysters , love escargot .. love caviar ............... NomNomnNnmmoMmMmmm crazy right?