Equestrian Fitness.

Options
Okay, So I just posted a topic that had horse related activiites with calorie break down, I just then decided to make a topic to host a collection of information about riders fitness. So I will be posting links and tips on here, but I want you to post some too!

Replies

• Ryan_Marie_
    Ryan_Marie_ Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    http://www.horsechannel.com/horse-exclusives/equestrian-pilates.aspx

some equestrian pilates. Will be starting this!
  • ladylonglegs21
    ladylonglegs21 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    have you noticed a difference from those pilates?
  • Ryan_Marie_
    Ryan_Marie_ Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Flexibility. I haven't been keeping up with them this spring like I should have, but I've noticed small improvements in my posture and flexability.
  • GSCPostBaby
    GSCPostBaby Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    As a riding instructor and trainer, I can say that I notice a difference in my students' ability when they increase their flexibility, strength and cardiovascular health. Anything you can do to improve your physical health will improve your what you do in the saddle. I stress work on a stability ball and with resistance bands to help open the pelvis and loosen tendons and ligaments which aren't used to stretching in the way riding demands.

Conversely, too much "off horse" training can be detrimental to you progression if it's not balanced with enough time spent in the saddle.

Balance is the key . . . . do a little of everything and allow yourself as much time aboard as possible.