Wii "Walk it Out"

Anyone else using Walk it Out on the Wii as exercise? I leave for work when it's dark out, I come home when it's dark out, so I can't really go out and walk, especially after getting dinner and homework and bath time with my 7 year old done. I've been doing 10,000+ steps a day on it for about 6 days now and I have already noticed a difference in the way my work clothes feel.

I'd love to add some friends on here for accountability if anyone else is using this "game" to get in some exercise :)

Replies

• Bozydeaux
    Bozydeaux Posts: 9 Member
    I do use "Walk it out" too! I love it! I actually alternate between using it when I'm bored with the gym, or if I'm traveling (I take the Wii with me).

I'm always amazed at how fast the time goes by when I'm using it. Today I thought, "I'll do it for 30 minutes," and 95 minutes later I had to quit because I had something else to do.

I see you posted a month ago - are you still using it?

Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like....
  • HEy what game is this? I do in home daycare 40+ hrs a week and with our crappy weather there is no getting outside! Anything indoors is a plus for this gal!
  • SinCity2003
    SinCity2003 Posts: 163 Member
    Bozy,
    Sorry, I just saw your reply. I've been just logging in on my phone to track and I can't see the boards from there.
    I haven't used it in probably 3 weeks, but I am just waiting for my son to go to bed tonight so I can log my hour on there. Have to start somewhere again. I don't have a gym membership, and am usually home after it's dark, and don't feel safe walking outside in the dark, so Walk it Out works perfect for me.
    I will send you a friend request now :)

Elyse,
    It's a game for the Wii. They aren't making it anymore to my knowledge, but I was able to find my copy at Game Stop for $20. You truly don't realize just how long you've been walking when you're doing it. Good luck finding it!
  • Bozydeaux
    Bozydeaux Posts: 9 Member
    Hi Elyse :)

I like to use it when I don't feel like going to the gym. I view it as my "lazy days" workout. It drives my husband crazy though since it means I take over the big screen tv and he gets stuck with the portable in the bedroom.

I am working on finishing up the island for the first time. I'm about 70% complete. I'm curious if there's a big "TAH DAH! You finished" when you finish the island.

I've bought Exerbeat and We Cheer, but haven't gotten around to trying them yet. I'm just addicted to the Walk it out game when I do actually play with the Wii.

And I hear ya about logging in with the phone. It's how I use MFP about 95% of the time.

Anne
  • elangomatt
    elangomatt Posts: 6
    For anyone using the Wii: "Walk it out" game, there is a somewhat active facebook group related to this game called "WIO Facebook Page Fans". There is also some good information there and maps of the island.