Mother of 2 in her 20's

Options
Hello All! I have two children, 5yr old boy and a daughter that will be 1yr in July. Been overweight for as long as I can remember and been in between size 14-18 since high school and I will be 27 in November. Sandwiches, comfort food, and since having my daughter, sweets are my weakness. I really enjoy food and I tend to over-indulge. For example, if I went to a restaurant I would want to try a variety of items. I drink alcohol but only when I go out on weekends... which isn't every weekend since I have my kids. Pounds wise I'm not sure how much I would like to weigh b/c I may predict a weight that may be to small to my liking or may need to lose more. I've wanted to be a size 12 for a while but I'm going for a size 10... whatever # of lbs that is (^_^) I want to learn how to live a healthy life, how to balance meals and incorporate exercising to be able to lose and maintain a healthy weight. I had gestational diabetes w/ my daughter and I do not want to risk developing Type 2 diabetes in the future when I can prevent it. Looking for any friends to help me on my journey and needs encouragement also!

-Shameka

Replies

• mrseelmerfudd
    mrseelmerfudd Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Hi! welcome aboard!! Im nearly 23 (in 8 days!!), and im mummy to a beautiful 4 year old girl. this is definately such a brilliant weight loss tool. it will change your life :)
  • MammaSki2Boys
    Options
    Welcome! I'm 28 and a mother of a 4 1/2 and 1 1/2 boys. Feel free to add.
  • LauriesTrying2BeFit
    LauriesTrying2BeFit Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    hi im a mom of 3 i have a son called Finnley who is 4 a son called Oscar who is 2 and a daughter called Isla who will be 1 in june and im almost 26. :happy:
  • RavenSimone90
    Options
    Welcome to the site, I'm a mother of two and am in my 20's as well. My oldest (son )will be 2 in July and my youngest (daughter) is 2 months. I am so ready to lose this baby weight and get back into the 150's and then work on getting back into the 130's which was my high school weight. Good luck on your journey!
  • cowgrrrl87
    cowgrrrl87 Posts: 8
    Options
    Hey everybody, im jessica. im a single mommy of 2 little girls. Chelsea 2 years, and Victoria 1 month. oh and im 24 years old. Im a full time student at a local community college, going after a criminal justice degree. im in my last semester, Thank God! I was over weight when i got pregnant with my oldest, and used pregnancy as an excuse to eat any thing and every thing i wanted. so i gain a ton more weight and didnt start loosing it till 6 months before i found out i was pregnant with my new baby. i lost 60 lbs before i found out i was pregnant and was successful in only gaining minimal weight during that pregnancy so i only added about 10 lbs back on after she was born. Im ready to get my body back, to better then it was in high school. in school i was a 98 lb stick, i was too skinny and looked horrible. i wanna be able to go to the beach with a bathing suit on. not shorts and a t shirt.
  • LoseThisGut2012
    Options
    Hey everybody, im jessica. im a single mommy of 2 little girls. Chelsea 2 years, and Victoria 1 month. oh and im 24 years old. Im a full time student at a local community college, going after a criminal justice degree. im in my last semester, Thank God! I was over weight when i got pregnant with my oldest, and used pregnancy as an excuse to eat any thing and every thing i wanted. so i gain a ton more weight and didnt start loosing it till 6 months before i found out i was pregnant with my new baby. i lost 60 lbs before i found out i was pregnant and was successful in only gaining minimal weight during that pregnancy so i only added about 10 lbs back on after she was born. Im ready to get my body back, to better then it was in high school. in school i was a 98 lb stick, i was too skinny and looked horrible. i wanna be able to go to the beach with a bathing suit on. not shorts and a t shirt.

Hey! Congrats on the new addition! I also lost weight before getting pregnant (23lbs) but haven't lost anything since having my daughter almost 10mo ago. I have my Associate's in Paralegal Studies and will start school to get my paralegal certificate in the fall. After than I'm going for my Bachelor's either in Criminal Justice or Criminology. Not sure which just yet. How do you like CJ? What do you plan to do in the field?
  • cowgrrrl87
    cowgrrrl87 Posts: 8
    Options
    thank you. i lost a total of 64lbs as of the day before i found out i was pregnant. oh i LOVE cj, it so interesting. Its totally worth getting into. there is so much you can do with a CJ degree. personally im going into animal cruelty, but some of my friends from school are doing Juvenal parole, adult parole, police work, i have 1 friend that wants to be a game warden. what would you want to do with your degree?