Shakeology: Have you ever tried this?

Options
I'd like to keep this question to anyone who is not a Beachbody Coach, please. I'm looking for honest opinions that aren't out to make money off of it. I am interested in the taste, texture - wether or not you think it's worth the price...

Thanks to all in advance who reply.

Replies

• LilSomethin
    LilSomethin Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    I had a friend give me a bag of chocolate shakeology and I like it. I put a half fozen banana and vanilla soy milk with it and blend it up....yummy!! BUT, I wouldn't pay the price though. Way too expensive for me. But if u can afford it, it does have a lot of good things in it :)
  • keekee1804
    keekee1804 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I am a coach, but I won't lie about how I feel about the product. I am a coach to help others, not for money! I'm not on Shakeology but I recently tried two flavors, and heres my opinion:

Greenberry was NOT good for me whatsoever. The first sip was okay then after the fourth I didn't think I could make it through the shake. I did, simply because I couldn't stand to waste it. It's definitely Unique and seriously not for everyone. It's so strange I can't even explain how it actually tastes! Maybe it would have been better if I tried mixing it with something like a banana, but I don't think I will ever even bother to experiment with that flavor again.

Chocolate on the other hand, in my opinion, is delicious. I tried that plain as well and really enjoyed it. I feel it would be even better with additives as LilSomethin commented.

Texture is thick for both, though you can add milk or water to make the consistancy thinner.

As for the price, when you look at it in terms of a month it looks expensive. When you look at it in terms of price per meal (since it is a meal replacement) it equals out to $4.00 a meal, not so bad if you have enough to pay all at once.

I am a single mother, so I personally can't quite cough up the monthly price just yet, it's just to much money at once for me when I have bills and other things I need to worry about. I hope to at some point, but my priority now is making sure I have food on the table for my daughter! So it's really about you, whether it's in your budget and whether or not you like it! :)

Hope this helped!
  • melissap81
    melissap81 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    i just bought it bc i started insanity a few months ago, and thought it was scam but i read good things so i drink it every am for for. I have the choc and put a bannana in it, i love it! but it doesnt keep me full until lunch so i have to have a couple snack inbetween. its very expesive so after the month of may i may buy it once mroe but not for everyday use since its $$$.

All in all, tastes great.
  • Stronger_Diva
    Stronger_Diva Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies! Thanks too keekee for your honest opinion. It is a lot of money which is why I wanted to ask first. However as I'm doing Insanity and the little commercial comes up after every DVD and they mentioned all the goodness inside I thought I'd ask about it. I might get some just to try it out and ponder if its worth the $$$ to buy it again.

Thanks again!
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    I'm not a coach.

I drink it almost everyday. IMO the chocolate tastes better and mixes better than the strawberry. I've never tried the greenberry. I heard it's really bad, even from other BB coaches.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    It's very overpriced
  • _HeathBar_
    _HeathBar_ Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    I'm not a coach, I have tried it. The chocolate tastes okay when mixed with any kind of shake, it's gross with water only. The green berry one was pretty nasty even when mixed with frozen fruit in a shake.

I personally think it's way too expensive for what it is. I'd rather make my own whey protein shake or eat a real meal and have the extra cash.
  • SAMSON25
    SAMSON25 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I was like you and didn't want to spend the money on it either. My wife was actually the one who first ordered it to help with her weight/fitness goals and I ended up trying it too of course. Now, I have the Chocolate Shakeology every morning with some added Optimum Nutrition - Extreme Milk Chocolate flavor protein powder. They go well together, IMO, and i can make it and drink it all in couple minutes. I make mine with water, so you can make it as thick or thin as you like, and the flavor/consistency is good! The added protein helps me reach my daily goals and keeps me fuller longer than just having Shakeology alone

As another poster said, it breaks down to about $4/day, but it can be considered less because it also removes the need for most vitamins/multivitamins since most of your DV% are met by the shake.

Overall, I really recommend it. Great way to start the day, imo. And no, I'm not a coach : )