Chia Seeds... Anyone Use Them?

Options
shel1103
shel1103 Posts: 189 Member
I keep reading about how amazing these seeds are and how you can make a paste out of them or eat them plain, and I was wondering if anyone uses them or likes them? Just looking for some more information on them before I buy them.

Thanks!!!

Replies

• bjfrezell
    bjfrezell Posts: 241
    Options
    You can find them at your local pharmacy or grocery store. I use them to put in my scrambled eggs or greek yogurt. I don't like them by themselves. They add protein and fiber and omegas which is why I use them.
  • chlskoch
    chlskoch Posts: 11
    Options
    You can also find them in the Kombucha drink at any health food store. These drinks are really good for you, they have great properties that cleanse the body. They're my new addiction! I just tried the kind with Chia seeds this week and they're amazing!
  • debzeeU2
    debzeeU2 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Do they have a taste to them?
  • DelainaB
    DelainaB Posts: 28
    Options
    I use them. I get the ground ones and add them to a lot of recipes for the added omega 3's. You can't taste them so you can add them to just about anything. I agree that I wouldn't eat them plain though. I've used flax in a similar way, but flax has a taste so you can't add it as freely.
  • BeesKnees181
    BeesKnees181 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    No taste at all. As far as I can tell, they are a simple add in to most things like smoothies and salads. Here is my favorite recipe using chia seeds:

http://www.elanaspantry.com/raw-tapioca-pudding/
  • shel1103
    Options
    Thanks all!! I will have to try them. Now I'm definitely more interested in them. So as far as eating them plain, most are a "No" on that one???

Oh and the tapioca recipe sounds delicious!!
  • alaina216
    alaina216 Posts: 103
    Options
    I eat them every morning with my fresh fruit(just drop a tablespoon in and stir it up with the fruit)....they have no taste AT ALL, just a little cruncy (I have the whole chia seeds). I really like them, they are very good for you and REALLY help control appetite.
  • CivicSista
    CivicSista Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Where are they in the store? What are they near?
  • bjfrezell
    bjfrezell Posts: 241
    Options
    I found them near the vitamins in the pharmacy area. They may be other places though...
  • shel1103
    Options
    Think I'm going to order them from Amazon.
  • hopelindemann
    Options
    my sis told me bout them and all the healthy benefits of them so i got them, i have Diverticullitis n cant eat seeds but these help, i take cod liver oil n coconut oil, i put them in my drinks let it sit for 15 min n drink it down, i havnt seen a big diff in my body but what will it hurt