Those dresses!

The ones that have been sitting in the back of the closet since last summer that haven't even had the tags removed. I'm sure I'm not the only one with them. I took them out last week and tried them on today...and my tummy doesn't stick out anymore! (It would have last summer, I was pregnant, but that's not the point!)

Sadly, my boobs are not getting with the program and I need extra support...anyone know where bigger-breasted ladies can get a DECENT strapless bra? /gonk

Do you have clothes still with tags?

Replies

• LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    For a good strapless - go to Lane Bryant. Let them give you a fitting and help you find one that will work for you.
  • mrsnathanandrew
    mrsnathanandrew Posts: 631 Member
    For a good strapless - go to Lane Bryant. Let them give you a fitting and help you find one that will work for you.

^^ This! I love Lane Bryant!
  • Skinny_Jeans_Soon
    Skinny_Jeans_Soon Posts: 326 Member
    Nope, nothing with tags but I am not a shopper at all. I have maybe 3 things that fit tops (everyday wear). I need new clothes big time.

I just bought a strapless bra last week at VS, it rocks. They have big cup sizes, I think mine is a 36 DD.
  • roachhaley
    roachhaley Posts: 978 Member
    oof, I hate strapless bras, especially since mine are on the bigger side. i always go for dresses with wide straps or preferably sleeves and a nice supportive bra :D a supportive bra will make you look thinner by itself
  • CShepherd91
    CShepherd91 Posts: 44
    The best strapless bra I've ever got was from Wonderbra (34FF). It stays up well, and holds these bad boys in ;)
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    I haven't ever owned a strapless bra, I would have bought the thicker strap dresses, but my husband insisted on these two dresses and would never let me take them back! Now unless I find a decently supportive bra, they either stay in the closet or my husband has to pay for a boob-job. >.>
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Second vote for Victoria. I especially love the "incredible" pushup strapless. Smooth and comfortable. Does not slip. I'm 34D.
  • Second vote for Victoria. I especially love the "incredible" pushup strapless. Smooth and comfortable. Does not slip. I'm 34D.

I also say vickies secret....I am a 36/38 dd and I have never had a problem with their bras...straps or not...they are not cheap but they are great and they last!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Second vote for Victoria. I especially love the "incredible" pushup strapless. Smooth and comfortable. Does not slip. I'm 34D.

This too, and I'm a 38DD. I love the new VS bras.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,810 Member
    Nope, nothing with tags but I am not a shopper at all. I have maybe 3 things that fit tops (everyday wear). I need new clothes big time.

I just bought a strapless bra last week at VS, it rocks. They have big cup sizes, I think mine is a 36 DD.

I have a BioFit strapless from VS and it's AMAZING! Unforunately, I think in the store they only go up to DD and online maybe a DDD, so if you've got more boobs than that, I'd suggest Lane Bryant or Frederick's, they tend to have good stuff in bigger sizes.
  • leaso75581
    leaso75581 Posts: 103

so true!! Lane Bryant all the way, baby!!
  • Karalopolous
    Karalopolous Posts: 574
    Nordstroms. I love them the best, they are way more equipped to deal with a wide variety of sizes and shapes.
  • Ravenesque_
    Ravenesque_ Posts: 257 Member
    44F here. Cant find anything for me (UK)

Watching this thread with interest.
  • AmyBeth719
    AmyBeth719 Posts: 184 Member
    I was a 34D/DD (Thankfully my boobs got with the program this time ;o) and I have found nice, supportive ones at target. I have owned VS and target and surprisingly they were comparable...except in price. Heading to target today to get some smaller ones! Yay!! :o)
  • steflbrown
    steflbrown Posts: 168
    Lane Bryant has good bras. I have always been happy with my purchases and I'm 44DDD.
  • andy2486
    andy2486 Posts: 93 Member
    Definately lane bryant. I LOVE them. I have even worn them under bathing suits. They rock!
  • kme2011
    kme2011 Posts: 100 Member
    i'd say if he wanted you to buy the dresses then he should pay for the boob job to go with them. lol. My Mom had a breast reduction a year ago and she says its the best thing she ever done. She went from a DDD to a B or a C (depending on their make).
  • knk1553
    knk1553 Posts: 438 Member
    A tip the lady told me at VS secret is to go down a band size and up a cup size when purchasing your strapless bra. (I am however am the opposite and only an A cup, but I imagine the idea is the same because its all about support). I had the problem of all my strapless bras weren't supportive enough for the girls to make it look like I even had an cleavage at all. I'm completely happy with her recommendation as the smaller band size keeps the bra in place! I would say go somewhere that they fit you and can make suggestions and look at the bra for you, its more expensive but its definitely worth the money.
  • wonderkitten711
    wonderkitten711 Posts: 109 Member
    40F here (down(?) from 42DDD at New Years) and I swear by Lane Bryant bras. Their strapless ones are super supportive, and come with clear straps if you're not quite brave enough to go truly strapless ^.^
  • minimaggie
    minimaggie Posts: 224 Member
    I am a 34 and Lane Bryant doesn't make a bra that small. I am a Vicky's girl all the way!!! While I love their starpless bras, their everyway convertible is also great.