Toddlers & Tiaras

Options
Foxypoo61287
Foxypoo61287 Posts: 638 Member
So what do you think about this show?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR78VvNW8VQzudyxTpMIIlq17DphTavNPlkhiCEzNmGKn9VTe4l

I know I wouldn't put my daughter through that....

Replies

• mayerel
    mayerel Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I couldn't put my daughter through that, but if she really, really, actually wanted to do it, I would support her and the day she said no, we would stop.

But it makes for some great entertainment!!
  • Foxypoo61287
    Options
    I don't think I've even watched one episode.
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    I think it's a paedophile's dream show.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Bunch of sad-@ss attention seeking Mom's who are living vicariously through their children and ruining their childhood.
  • MrsLVF
    MrsLVF Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    My sister is a pageant coordinator(owner) whatever you call it.
    Anyway she's a piece of work, and has been outcast from my family. I believe these BS pageants are just a money making scam and folks (like my sister) are cashing in. She only takes checks & money orders for payments, no credit cards....so you know she's shady.
  • MissingPixies
    MissingPixies Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Bunch of sad-@ss attention seeking Mom's who are living vicariously through their children and ruining their childhood.

^^ This...
  • f1ctional
    f1ctional Posts: 235
    Options
    It's sick. I won't even watch the commercial previews for it. 9 times of 10 its the psychotic mothers that put their kids through that.
  • jenguhl
    jenguhl Posts: 79
    Options

Totally agree!
  • Foxypoo61287
    Options
    I mean, imagine what they go through......the kids at SUCH a young age..makes me sick.
  • rhe276
    rhe276 Posts: 46
    Options

this
  • jules1202
    jules1202 Posts: 65
    Options
    Eh, to each his own. I wouldn't do that to my little girl and don't see making a child look like a little adult as pretty but thats me. To throw in a little perspective though, I have a friend who was on that show with her daughter. If I didn't know them I would probably have a similiar opinioin to others here but that child is one of the sweetest least self absorbed kids I know and genuinely loves dressing up and doing pagents. I have been around her twice when she is getting ready and she likes it.

But yes occasionally my friend will post pics of her in "glam" mode and I cringe and just don't comment (but plenty of people comment how beautiful she looks). :sick:
  • Jlfisch
    Jlfisch Posts: 27
    Options
    I have two young daughters and cannot imagine having to put mascara on them or having them put on false teeth or get spray tanned. I may be biased here but they are absolutely beautiful just the way they are. I did watch an episode the other day at the gym and these little girls have no manners and are very rude spoiled little brats. Hate to think of how they are going to turn out in another few years when they get to be teenagers. I feel very blessed in that my kiddos only whine when they are tired, and they have a healthy sense of shame when they do something wrong. They do have too many toys, but they also are able to give away their toys to other kids. (I know off topic.) The kids on these pageant shows are in for a rude awakening when they hit the real world and it isn't a crown that is going to get them the job they want or the life they want.
  • daveclrk58
    daveclrk58 Posts: 258
    Options
    I can't even watch the commercials because the whole concept of trying to make a little girl look grown up should be illegal. THEY'RE KIDS! Let them be kids. Sheesh.
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    It's disgusting.