New to MFP :)

Options
Hi! My name is Ashley, I'm a mom of 3. I have been looking for ways to lose weight to get healthy, plus for our family vaca to Florida. Don't really have a support system at home cause my kids are young and my husband is working 12 hours from 11pm to 11am and sleeps most of the day lol. Hoping that MFP is going to help me get to where I want to be!

Replies

• nikolramirez
    nikolramirez Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Im new too so we should be friends and support each other
  • suzqmf
    suzqmf Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm new too - happy to be your friend if you want support. I need it too!!
  • emailcrystalo
    emailcrystalo Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I'm new too!!! My name is Crystal & I am also the mother of 3 kiddos!!! Funny enough, all three were born in May...so any additional accountibility this month will be GREATLY welcomed! I'm the kind of person who needs a good support system to keep going. Let's be friends - and anyone else in the same boat! Let's work hard together to get healthy!!
  • KendleX
    KendleX Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I joined about a week ago and its been great.

Fell free to add me (goes for anyone). I've been active daily, and have an open diary.
  • jmg0911
    jmg0911 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am new as well! Hoping to lose some weight and get in better shape for my wedding in July! Will love and appreciate all of the support I can get! So far, I love this site! The more I'm on it, the more it keeps me motivated! Please request me as a friend! The more the merrier!!

Thanks!
  • math1182
    math1182 Posts: 15
    Options
    I'm on day 5 and so far doing great. Making friends and having them comment on your posts really helps.
  • Tatom1622
    Tatom1622 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You will love it here. Feel free to add me if you'd like. Have a wonderful day.
  • Ish1313
    Ish1313 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Congrats Ashley on trying to get healthy. Having young children and a husband who works long hours is a recipe for eating ALL DAY LONG. I was a stay at home mom and had 3 boys. I think being lonely contributed to my weight gain...not to mention spaghettios, cheetos, and chicken nuggets. I am now in my 40s with only one teenager at home and 2 grown sons on their own. As my son says, "Its time to get a life mom." Learn from my mistakes, girl. Put yourself first so that you can take care of everyone else. It seems selfish, but it is really the greatest gift you can give to your husband and kids.
  • ashleylancaster72
    Options
    Thanks Everyone! Can't wait to get motivated! What am I saying Y'all all are great and i'm already feeling motivated!!!
  • Shanewp
    Shanewp Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    :happy: I am new here as well. I've been here 3 days. It has been very helpful so far. Lets do this!
  • erinpumpkin13
    erinpumpkin13 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me (anyone) love giving and receiving support!
  • ferca17
    ferca17 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi, Im sort of new as well. I started back in Jan. but slacked off. This time around I am determine to get to my goal. Became a father 6 months ago and want to set an example for my little girl. Hope to meet people that are just as determine as I am to get fit and keep the weight off.
  • Pet03
    Pet03 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi Ashley!

I am kind of in the same situation. I have 3 kids ages 11, 5 and 3. The difference is my husband is trying to put weight on not take it off. So everyone else in my household is growing up and out and I am trying shrink. You are more than welcomed to add me as a friend as IO only have one friend on here. Good luck on your journey.:smile:
  • bena0218
    bena0218 Posts: 41
    Options
    hi guys im new here also and i hope we all could be friends so we can support each other and motivate each other also
    :wink: