Newbie and Starving...

Options
Ok, the first few days I was fine...but NOW (one week later) I stay hungry :huh: I am at a loss, but not a weight loss. I am drinking enough water and can write books on nutrient dense foods. My goal total is 10 lbs. Maybe someone has a suggestion about an organic appetite supressant? I know I am eating enough calories, and my weight loss pace is not excessive. I will hungrily await your suggestions...

Replies

• orbinick
    orbinick Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi there! You may have to give access to your logs to see how you're doing.
  • marbit
    marbit Posts: 108
    Options
    what he said
  • bjfrezell
    bjfrezell Posts: 241
    Options
    What do you have your goal set for? 2 pounds a week? One pound a week? 1/2 pound a week? Sometimes, when you only have ten pounds to lose, it can come off much slower than if you had, say 50 pounds to lose.
  • leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Granny smith apples work really well for my son. He eats 2 a day to balance. My personal fav is almonds. The high protein seems to help.

Might want to make certain you are eating enough fat. Seriously, I know people who are hungry all the time unless they hit the fat goal everyday.
  • crice1397
    crice1397 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have been taking Saba it is an all natural appitite suppressant. I have found this to be very helpful. A girl I work with is selling it I can check on it foryou and give you some info if you would like..
  • JamieHolland1
    Options
    How? Can I make my food logs public...I am not shy...
  • JamieHolland1
    Options
    Yeah, I eat apples...sometimes...actually just ate one and a bananna and some H2O...still gnawing...
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Nutrient density has little to do with satiety. If you're hungry, chances are you're not getting enough protein. Head for the chicken, eggs, fish, and nuts and avoid the processed sugars that stimulate appetite and see if that works for you.
  • JamieHolland1
    Options
    I'm interested, is there a way to send a message to just you?
  • JamieHolland1
    Options
    Generally over-do-it on protein %...
  • jjelizalde
    jjelizalde Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Would help if your food diary was accessible.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    With 10 lbs to lose, your goal should be set at 1/2 lb per week and you should aim to eat 50-75% of your exercise calories.
  • kimmunism
    kimmunism Posts: 4
    Options
    Yogi Tea Blueberry Slim Life, it has a fruit extract called Garcinia Cambognia, or just find the herbal pills. It helps tremendously.
  • JamieHolland1
    Options
    Access Granted. :blushing:
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options

I, even further, stand by my previous statement. You aren't eating enough.
  • UrbanRunner81
    UrbanRunner81 Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options

I, even further, stand by my previous statement. You aren't eating enough.

^^^ agreed.

eat more. Figure out your BMR. Eat more than your BMR daily. http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/bmr/
  • JamieHolland1
    Options
    Okay...I just took on the recommended 1lb per week loss...thanks for your thoughts!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Granny smith apples work really well for my son. He eats 2 a day to balance. My personal fav is almonds. The high protein seems to help.

Might want to make certain you are eating enough fat. Seriously, I know people who are hungry all the time unless they hit the fat goal everyday.

This^

Fat is really important. I used to do the low fat thing, didn't work for me.

Protein, complex carbs & fiber also keep you full longer too. Try to eat as little processed food as you can. Many time processed foods have so much of the fiber removed.
  • BlooQKazoo
    BlooQKazoo Posts: 56
    Options
    I try to get as much fiber and protein as a I can. Usually, a lunch of black beans, chicken, salsa, and lettuce will keep me full until dinner (and if I get hungry, I can always have an apple). For breakfast, it's Fiber One or Kashi GoLean with some sort of fruit and a ton of water, and for dinner, it's a humongous salad with chicken or something. Oatmeal's super filling too. So are frozen vegetables; I can usually have half a bag for around 60-75 calories, and that's a big bowl of veggies.
  • meldaniel
    meldaniel Posts: 111
    Options
    It looks like a lot of your calories are coming from sugar in sweet drinks and quite a bit of bread. You eat a lot of healthy things, too, but the ones I see here are not very "filling" choices. Try brown rice, sweet potatoes, oatmeal, increase protein and lighter on the sandwiches and sugary drinks. If you get a good balance going and choose the right foods you can be absolutely stuffed all day on 1500 or so calories...which seems to be about where you are including your exercise cals. :)