Starting AGAIN, Looking for + viewpoints

Options
I started MFP May 2010, and in 6 months lost 30 pounds and then made it to -50. After a bad move and a new stressful job, two years later May 2012, I am starting over at the same weight. I have already lost 8 pounds but am very conscious of the familiarity of these particular pounds. So with a sense of humor I am saying goodbye to them over again.
Please give me any positve / humorous ways of looking at this because I NEED to know I will get this done again.
What I have come up with so far.
I've done this before with the support of MFP so I know it is possible
I enjoyed the results so I know my reward
I've have another chance to say good bye to 200 and let that number know what I think of it.
Please HELP, I need more....

Replies

• marmarlaw
    marmarlaw Posts: 19
    Options
    Don't look at it as starting over again. Look at it as a life change. A change takes time.

For me, personally, I can't look at it as a diet. I have to look at it as something that will make me more healthy and fit. It takes some time... but eventually it will all fall into place. I have yo-yo'ed for a long time and am currently on a plateau, but WE CAN DO THIS!
  • islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Don't look at it as starting over again. Look at it as a life change. A change takes time.

:flowerforyou: THANKS I want the change in how I eat to become a ruitine and normal
  • 62karen
    62karen Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat as you. I just started all over again Yesterday. Two years ago I lost my weight and put it all back on. Now I am trying again and I AM GOING TO DO THIS! My motto: One Day At A Time! We CAN do this! Add me as a friend if you would like, we can support one another! Good Luck...You can do this!
  • bjfrezell
    bjfrezell Posts: 241
    Options
    The only way to start a routine is to keep doing the same thing over and over again. I have to give myself two to three weeks before a routine sticks. Of course, that means just telling myself I only have to keep at it for two weeks and not YEARS (even though that's the ultimate goal). Making small goals instead of big ones help me make it through the two to three weeks until I get that routine down.
  • mimi148
    mimi148 Posts: 1
    Options
    I have been trying to start over again also. Not a very good start!
  • islandnutshel
    Options
    THanks for the support. I just thought of a new one:

I take vacations over again, and gladly. I like to go on the same hikes.
    SO I will enjoy this journey again. Watching cloths fit better, and eventually shopping for new ones.. That was fun.
  • glorod
    glorod Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Im starting over too...not very motiated but trying to get there. I started last year and was a committed gym rat and healthy eater and a year later I weigh more than what I started with last year. We need to get our heads in the game and beat this fat out of our bodies!! we can do it!
  • jeaniedev
    jeaniedev Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Don't look back!!! that was then this is now...really what happened last year, or last month, learn from it, but don't let it define you...TAKE ONE DAY at a time, or one hour whatever you need for the day....The end results are so worth it, we all know that...we just have to remind ourselves of that when we want to stay in bed, or skip the gym, or eat that thing we shouldn't...
    I have been on MFP for a little over a year I have lost 61 lbs and I am NOT stopping, speed bumps and all, I am in this for the long haul, for my life to be healthy and to be happy and feeling great...Together we are UNSTOPPABLE
  • islandnutshel
    Options
    thanks, I am trying to get the game in my head instead of headgames
  • islandnutshel
    Options
    congrats Jeaniedev. You are inspiring
  • Jen0414
    Jen0414 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Great post!! WE WILL NEVER GIVE UP!!

I have also lost weight in the past as well and gained it back..

I am going to add you as a friend!!
  • jeaniedev
    jeaniedev Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    congrats Jeaniedev. You are inspiring