New girl!

Options
Started using MFP on a daily basis since mid March and I have lost 8 lbs so far! I would like to lose weight faster but I really dont think I would be able to stick to 1300 calories every day so I am sticking with losing one pund a week which will make the weight drop off slower. I started by doing Zumba Rush for the kinect and jogging but a week into that I injured my knee and had to quit excercising for about a month. Now my motivation is a little lacking but I know I need to lose weight. I have 3 daughters who like to do alot of walking, hiking, and playing and I wanna be able to do those things with them. Anyway just wanted to get to know some of you so I wouldnt feel alone in my journey.

Replies

• islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    8 pounds lost is great success. If you are consistant, you will find months later that it works. Don't rush it, enjoy making it rutine. Welcome to MFP.
  • stefanilee8
    Options
    Welcome!!!! This is a great support system!!!!!!
  • Time2Thrive
    Time2Thrive Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Great job on the success you have already had. Depending on your diet you can still drop weight with your options despite the injury. Keep plugging away!! Remember how great it felt prior to your injury and harness that until you get new victories under your belt.
  • samanthaleethomas
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Injuries during mid weight loss are pretty awful but let it heal and then get back on it! 8 lbs is a great start. Go slowly and learn how to eat better and exercise and the weight will fly off. Good luck and feel free to add me if you need motivation!
  • tobirhae
    tobirhae Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    8 pounds is a great start! I've been on here since January and haven't lost that much. :) I'm a 33 year old mother of two. Feel free to add me if you'd like.