Need help

Options
Hello gang

I have been doing Myfitnesspal for 4 weeks now, and have lost 6 pounds. I started of doing 2 pounds every week. I have come to stand still, and I am staying in my 1200 cal count, and drinking water. I exercise 3 days a week. I need help. I am getting very frustrated. I need to lose 30 more pounds to be at my ideal weight. Any advise will appreciated.

Replies

• jeaniedev
    jeaniedev Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    here is what my trainer always tells me:
    make sure you are sleeping enough, drinking enough, and having protein, even if it is just a little bit at every meal.....
    Look at what you are eating, just becasue you are within your calories, are you high in carbs, low in protien, etc....
    then also...this is a journey, it didn't go on your body in a few weeks, so it will take some time to get it off...just stick with it, don't give up and before you know it you will reach your goal!!!!:smile:
  • staceymd84
    staceymd84 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Have you tried to switch up the exercise routines you are doing? Sometimes you need to trick your body, if you do the same thing regularly your body gets into a routine and it plateaus. Or if you are doing harder workout routines up your calories so your body doesn't go into starvation mode. It just depends on what you are currently doing.
  • crice1397
    crice1397 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I really do need to look at my calories I am eating. I eat out alot, and my choices are probably not the best. Congrats on your loss
  • Dumbell_Diva
    Dumbell_Diva Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Ive had several weeks on here where I have plateaued and stayed the same weight and the only thing that has worked for me is suddenly having a week long break from here and then all of a sudden counting calories again. Eating more food more frequently speeds up the metabolism. Works everytime although I dont do it intentionally, I occassionally come off my eating plan during times of stress and Ive noticed as soon as Im back to it, the weight flies off me!! Good luck!
  • crice1397
    Options
    Stacey, Walking is usually what I do, 3 miles in one hour. I may try jogging some of the way, That would shock this old body, because I havent jogged in years. Haha :)
  • crice1397
    Options
    I guess I really wasnt expecting a plat. this soon in the process. I thank you guys for the advise, I will make changes today. Lets see what happens. I will keep you guys posted. I really enjoy this program. I have tried everything, and this seems the best and the most healthy. LOVE IT.
  • usteward
    usteward Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Hey! Check your sodiium and fat intake. That may be holdling you back. Good Luck!
  • jsjaclark
    jsjaclark Posts: 303
    Options
    Have you been logging your food? Your diary is set to private so I can't view to see what your meals are like. Look at the amount of sodium as well. If you have been eating out a lot, you may be getting a lot of sodium which can cause you to retain water. Make sure that you are drinking all your water. and like others said, switch up the exercise. Maybe try lifting weights as well as switching up the cardio.
  • Crystal_LeeDee
    Options
    Everyone has different things that work for them.....for me, I use the fat2fit method. I was going by mfp's 1200 calories and came to a stand still on the scale. I switched my calories according to fat2fit, which gives me 1649 and I have been losing consistently every week...plus, the bonus is I get to eat more.

Like I said though, everyone is different. I personally think it can take some time to get to that right spot/routine that works. The important thing is that you are trying & this site is great for support along your journey. :)
  • leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Have you tried to switch up the exercise routines you are doing? Sometimes you need to trick your body, if you do the same thing regularly your body gets into a routine and it plateaus. Or if you are doing harder workout routines up your calories so your body doesn't go into starvation mode. It just depends on what you are currently doing.

Also might want to try switching up times. Another thing. If you have 10-20 minutes in am, I've found doing some ab work, jumping rope, walking, yoga etc. seems to have an impact.

Lisa
  • Crystal_LeeDee
    Options
    And yes.....lots of water. I really can tell the difference on days when I don't drink as much. Watch sodium intake too...that nasty little beast will bite ya in the butt.
  • crice1397
    Options
    WOW, Thanks guys for the help. Great advise.