Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Welcome! :flowerforyou:
  • Livi_Loves_Pink
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! :flowerforyou:
  • jaxterbom
    Options
    Ditto - Welcome to this cute yet effective diet-helper site. The people in this community are very helpful. The calorie tracker and exercise logger are excellent. Good luck!

Hank

223140.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • TexasLaneys
    Options
    Welcome to MFP :)
  • talrcat
    talrcat Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Welcome neighbor! I am from NH too!:flowerforyou:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    273618.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Chart

Hi, and welcome to THE best site on the web! :flowerforyou: I'm from NH too. :smile:
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it! :wink:
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off! :noway:
    Don't go making the mistake that if you have LOTS of numbers left at the end of the day that you'll lose even faster, because that DOESN'T happen. Feel free to read any info about the site in the "help" section at the top of the home page. And also, under "all topics", then "general", and check out the first few threads. They'll really help you understand how MFP works. :smile:
    Before coming here, I had tried just about EVERYTHING out there, including hypnosis, TWICE, and nothing really worked until MFP! :love:
    Also, drink LOTS of water, it REALLY DOES help! :drinker:
    As for exercise, it doesn't always have to be awful. For my exercise, I walk almost every day, (weather permitting!) I also dance to a fast oldies CD that my husband made up of all my favorite old songs. (Like "Love Shack", Wild, Wild West", "Mony, Mony", "Footloose", and "Gloria")
    It's free, (unlike a gym!) fun, and I can even watch tv at the same time, so I never get bored! :happy:
    I also recently aquired the Wii Fit, and jog to that, which is a lot of fun, and easy too! :smile:
    So, to make a LONG story short, make good food choices, eat in moderation, get some exercise, and you WILL lose the weight that you want to! :smile:
  • drk1959
    Options
    Thanks to everyone for the warm reception. Great advice which I intend to use and carry to my fairly large goal of losing more than 125 pounds. For the record, I already lost over 100 pounds on my own over the past year when I was 420 pounds (aka miserable 24/7). Feel better but not great and I have been stuck on a plateau for about 2 months hence my joining this group.

Well, better go get decent walking shoes, buy a Wii Fit and keep in mind to write in the food BEFORE they are consumed, not after when it is too late!

Thanks again,

Dana - NH
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever!!! You will love this site if you don't already. I love this site. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, easy to use, and everyone is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to wish you a lot of success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!!!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: