Kentucky here

Options
Hi, I am Melissa from Kentucky. I joined myfitnesspal a while ago....actually -32 lbs ago. Meaning I am now 32 lbs heavier than I was the first time I joined. I guess this time, I need to actually use it and be serious about it huh? I have had some thyroid issues over the past year that has caused me to gain over 60 lbs. After almost a year of messing around with medicine, they have now decided my thyroid is perfectly healthy. Sigh.

I recently purchased a treadmill and am now ready to prove to myself that I dont have to live with this extra weight. I will do this. My son is joining the Air Force after Christmas and my first goal is to lose 40 lbs by the time he graduates from basic training in February. My long term goal is to lose the 60 lbs that I gained over the last year plus 20 more by this time next year. Doable? You bet!

I look forward to hearing everyone's stories and getting the much needed support that I desperately need.

Replies

• renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Welcome Melissa! You can do this so don't give up this time. Keep on pushing yourself! There are so many inspirational people on here and I am sure they would all be glad to tell their stories.
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Hey Melissa! You can do this! I know sometimes life gets in the way and things happen, but you must remember to put your health first and continue on this journey. You have already started it just by coming back to this site. If you take full advantage of all it has to offer you will lose weight for sure! Just keep your determination and you will get to your goals! I know you can do this!:bigsmile:
  • 2kaizen
    Options
    Good for you for coming back! You're attitude sounds great and pretty soon you will inspiring others! Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • melkay40
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the support. I love having my own cheerleaders. Now I gotta figure out how to put that pretty little weight loss ticker on my signature. :smile:
  • steinbergshal
    Options
    On the My home section, go to settings, and then change forum signiture. Paste in the code from your ticker, and it will show up every time you post. Welcome back, and good luck. I know that taking control of my health has been the best decision I have ever made, and no matter how hard some days, I will never regret it!:flowerforyou:
  • melkay40
    Options
    Awesome thanks so much!
  • vraehn
    vraehn Posts: 1,008
    Options
    How are you keeping track of your meals--are you putting in the food after you eat for planning your meal and adjusting it before you eat. I find that is the best way to control my calories. Tonight I had enough extra calories left over, I had a serving of ice cream. Yes, I measured it. Also, I have no junk food in my cabinets to sabotage my efforts.

Also, I have Healthy Choice, etc, meals in the freezer for when I am overwhelmed, overtired or extermely busy. It helps me to have a balanced meal ready in a couple of minutes and keeps me from snacking on the wrong foods. I have lost 4 pounds in less than 2 weeks and have kept that weight for 4 days. I know with determination, you will far surpass my meager efforts.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever!!! You will love this site if you don't already. I love this site. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, easy to use, and everyone is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to wish you a lot of success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!!!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • melkay40
    Options
    I work horrible hours, swing shift 12 hour shifts. So I am finding what works best for me is planning meals ahead. On my days off I keep the grill hot and grill enough to have when I am working. I keep fresh fruit and vegetables on hand at all times.

My house had some major damage from the ice storm back in January and I was without a kitchen for almost 8 months. I gained about 15 lbs eating processed foods so that is out of the question. No more processed foods.

I find by planning ahead and knowing what I will be eating the next four or five days takes a lot of stress off of me. And I refuse to call it dieting. I call it eating healthy and taking care of ME!