New to the message boards, not MFP

Hey there! I'm a newbie to the forums, but I've been using MFP for about 6 months. My SW in 2010 was 278lbs, my CW is 185. I've hit a spot where I'm lacking motivation and support. Guess that's why I'm hitting the message boards...

I hope all is well, anyone in AZ?

Replies

• Congrats on your weight loss so far...that is awesome! Not from AZ, but I'm always open to more mfp friends. :)
  • Rachel1112
    Rachel1112 Posts: 3 Member
    Thanks! I don't mind adding new friends on MFP :) I am just hoping to find someone local who might be interested in working out.. Thank you for your support.
  • hi im new to this program and have some concerns and need advice. Ive been following along the 1200 calorie intake per day limit and havnt been cheating and recording everything i do and eat. my question is why havent i lost any weight? i cant excercise just yet but maybe in two weeks due to foot surgery. what can i do to make the scale move?
  • Rachel1112
    Rachel1112 Posts: 3 Member
    1200 calories seems pretty low. Maybe you are not eating enough? Are you staying hydrated? I'm not sure what your starting weight is, I know that even with a slightly active lifestyle, and a cw of 185 I'm supposed to eat around 1600 calories a day.
  • jettyib1
    jettyib1 Posts: 46 Member
    Welcome, I am in Taylor Az.
  • 3 major things I've noticed with my weight loss journey so far is......
    1. water intake....I really can tell the difference when I don't drink enough water.
    2. Sodium......ugh, salt is not my friend lol. When I've went over, I definitely feel it.
    3. Not enough calories......when I started my journey I was following the 1200 calories a day mfp said. I did lose at first but stalled out fairly quick. I started going by fat2fit method and now I get 1649 calories a day and I'm losing weight very consistently. It was scary at first to think about eating more calories to lose weight...but it sure worked. Everyone is different though & it really does take some time to find that magic number/routine that works.