Too much protein today

Options
How bad is it, to have too much protein in a day. Mine is quite a bit too much today. Fat I only have -2, so that isn't too bad, not brilliant though. But I have no idea what too much protein does.

Replies

• anunknownmouse
    Options
    "Too much" protein is fine. Just cut back on carbs so you stay at your calorie limit.
  • ercarroll311
    ercarroll311 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    This website sets protein too low, first of all. But if you're exercising and especially doing strength work you're going to want to be getting a lot. As long as you're sticking to your calorie intake and you feel good, I'd say you're fine.+
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Too much? did you eat 400+ grams? If not you didn't eat too much. If you keep MFP's intake suggestions use the protein as a minimum and the carbs as a maximum.
  • XstitchCarina
    XstitchCarina Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Okay that is all right then. I still have calories left over for the day. So glad I haven't sabotaged myself then. But will have to keep watching it. It happened with dinner, with meat, so try to eat a bit less than that.

Thanks for your help.
  • fitbum19
    fitbum19 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    "Too much" protein is fine. Just cut back on carbs so you stay at your calorie limit.

^^^this
  • amylynn96
    amylynn96 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I go over in my protein pretty much daily, usually not too much over but still over. But i burn close to not always about 1,000 cal burn daily 6 days a week so i know my body needs the protein. with going over in protein daily i always always always come in under everything else still BUT with that, is constantly going over your protein going to hurt your progress on your weightloss journey in any way?