pb choc banana oatmeal

Options
I kind of made my own version of Hungry Girl's choc banana oatmeal. I wanted something sort of sweet to make up my workout calories tonight.

1/2 cup Quaker oatmeal (not instant)
1/2 banana cut into pieces
1/2 tsp peanut butter
1 packet of swiss miss no sugar added cocoa mix
a little cinnamon

Put in a rice cooker with 1 cup of water for about 5 minutes, but keep an eye on it. Its pretty good, I would definitely have it again for breakfast. I may try not using cocoa and use a little more peanut butter next time.

290 calories for the above recipe

Does anyone have any other good oatmeal recipes?

Replies

• 4mricandy
    4mricandy Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    1 Cup of Old Fashioned Oatmeal mixed with a Yoplait Light of your choice.
    Delicious!
    247 calories
  • donna56
    donna56 Posts: 412
    Options
    Does these change the whole oatmeal taste? I never did like oatmeal even as a child. I know it is good for you but I can't stand the taste. I tried the flavored ones and can only eat a few bites and that's it.

208998.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Angelgrlkas29
    Options
    Have you ever tried steel cut oatmeal? It takes longer to cook, and the consistency is different, but it's really good. I add a little bit of brown sugar to mine along with a little bit of skim milk. That's all I need to add...try it sometime.
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Have you ever tried steel cut oatmeal? It takes longer to cook, and the consistency is different, but it's really good. I add a little bit of brown sugar to mine along with a little bit of skim milk. That's all I need to add...try it sometime.

You can do the above recipe with steel cut oatmeal as well. However you have to let the oatmeal soak in the rice cooker overnight before you cook it then add the other ingredients right before you start cooking. Agreed though on steel cut oatmeal, I love the stuff!
  • laurajoyk
    Options
    I'm going to buy steel cut oats next time when I use up the ones I have. Thanks for the ideas.
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I love PB choc. oatmeal. My *recipe*:

1/2 c. old fashioned Quaker oats (cook the oats w/ 1 c. water first, then add the other ingredients)
    1 scoop chocolate protein powder (right now I am loving the Designer Whey Biggest Loser chocolate deluxe)
    1 T. Naturally More Peanut Butter
    1/4 c. cottage cheese (optional, but makes it even creamier!)

325 cals/ 43g carb/ 12g fiber/ 10g fat/ 22g protein

You can vary it using different protein powders, sometimes I use vanilla powder w/ 1/2 c. blueberries and 1/2 oz walnuts.

I love my oatmeal! :heart:
  • babadee
    babadee Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I love oatmeal. I eat it sometimes for a snack.