safely slim

Options
Ok, so this is suppose to a cite where people help one another, so far, nothing I've posted has gotten any response, leading to not being helpful, SO one more try I will reach out for some help! Has anybody tried safely slim protein shakes?? The online reviews were not bad and I told myself I wasn't going to start drinking protein shakes, but I am giving in and giving them a try.. I know there are a lot of options out there, just don't know what is best! I like they are high in protein and fiber, but lower in calories than most protein powders I have found..

Replies

• MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Is safely Slim a brand? I have never seen these. I have Slim Fast shakes on hand all the time, I would rather drink that than have to eat at a fast food place in a crunch.
  • a_new_dawn
    a_new_dawn Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I did the slim fast diet about 18 months ago and I lost 15lbs. It wasn't easy, to begin with I was mega-hungry and all I could think about was food! There were times when I felt lightheaded so it's very important to stay hydrated. I hit a plateau with it after a few months but I still keep a tin of it in my cupboard for times when I dont want food lunch (slim fast makes me feel less bloated). I am however, very shocked to see how much sugar it contains, it swallows up alot of my daily allowance!
  • giggles2giggle
    giggles2giggle Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Hi, I haven't heard of safely slim, i have tried various diet "solutions" that i just know aren't for me anymore, i was on lipozene and i didn't like it, then i was on the green tea pills and it worked for about a week or two, then i did hoodia and same thing, i even tried thermal shock....dont even get me started with that one :( my body was literally on a caffeine high...i was shaky all the time, about a year ago i tried nodiet.com i did it from april to aug. i lost 20 lbs without really trying...just took the 1tblspoon right before bedtime. around october my life came crashing down, i separated from my husband, lost my home and just kept bouncing around everywhere. i started drinking soda again and i was eating late at night. i hadn't had the time to get back on the nodiet protein and surprising enough i didn't gain any of the pounds back like i usually did with the other products. just this past month i decided it was time to start again, and again i've purchased the nodiet its called calorad and it works for me...not super fast but gives me energy through day and its based on inches lost not lbs. so even when i weigh the same ill measure and see I've lost an inch her or there and it makes my day :D you measure once a week and it helps keep me going. i wish you the best on your progress and hopefully you'll look into this....also check out the raspberry keytone i'm currently trying this out also...starting week 2 on it, so i'll see how it goes :D once again best of luck to you :D
  • arodriguez2
    arodriguez2 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I just started taking safely slim yesterday. Am doing one shake for breakfast and eating lunch and dinner as well as doing 30 day shred every day. I will keep you updated! I have two friends who recommended the shakes, one who has lost over 60 lbs (am not sure how long she's been drinking the shakes) but she goes to the gym 6 times a week and runs 5 miles a day. From what I've read they seem to be a ok, good amount of protein for after work outs and enough fiber to help you out.
  • nicehormones
    nicehormones Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Never heard of them. I use body fortress protein powder from walmart. It's cheap but pretty good for only $15. 140 calories and 26 grams of protein per scoop. I just bought the chocolate peanut butter flavor and it is pretty tasty. You could mix it with water or milk or make a shake with fruit in a blender. It would probably save you a lot of money too rather than buying premade shakes.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    I looked up the nutrition facts on Safely Slim, and it does have 20g of protein. But, I think you can do better. I also use Body Fortress (which I buy at WalMart). I pay $15 for a huge container of powder and each scoop has 26g or protein. It tastes great too!
  • stacymama5
    stacymama5 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I have the same response with my posts but no I've never tried them.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    there are better shakes out there or powders. I would generally look at something like EAS or Muscle Milk. The have less carbs and taste great.