50 Shades....

Options
Has any one the fifty shades series? I'm finishing up book 3. What do you think?

Replies

• emmiexjay
    emmiexjay Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    From what i've been told they aren't that great.. but i have yet to try them..
  • AggieLu
    AggieLu Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I gotta get my hands on those ;) My boss raves about them, and says they're a page turner.
  • chlipod
    chlipod Posts: 1
    Options
    I just stared the second book. I enjoy the escape but you have to take it for what it is - bubble gum for the brain. It's fun!
  • jaimecass
    jaimecass Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I agree chlipod, it was a good escape. But like any erotic novel or romantic comedy movie, I tried to take it for what it is: escapism, because sometimes I did find myself getting "emotionally involved".

I found the girl, Ana, to be very annoying at times. But then again she was only 22 years old. I like the idea of a strong male significant other, but at times the book just seemed like it was almost too fake. Or maybe I was just jealous?! LOL
  • leaso75581
    leaso75581 Posts: 103
    Options
    I agree chlipod, it was a good escape. But like any erotic novel or romantic comedy movie, I tried to take it for what it is: escapism, because sometimes I did find myself getting "emotionally involved".

I found the girl, Ana, to be very annoying at times. But then again she was only 22 years old. I like the idea of a strong male significant other, but at times the book just seemed like it was almost too fake. Or maybe I was just jealous?! LOL

so true...i sped through the first 2 books, and this last one seems to be too much. But escapism isn't all that bad. It's nice to get a taste of the "good life". A part of me got caught up, a part of me enjoys a nice steamy romance. Christian gets on my nerves s/t a little more than Ana. I thought she handled the emotionally damaged man quite well, witout losing herself in his riches. (not trying to do any spoilers, sorry)
  • carbons2k
    carbons2k Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    a girl in my office is reading it. I flipped to some page in the middle and read it.. I had to close the book bc i was sweating after 3 paragraphs! hahahaha
  • katgirl985
    katgirl985 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I bought it but haven't started reading yet.

I heard Alexander Skarsgard might play the lead in the movie, which has just been green-lit. *Drooling*

Alexander Skarsgard. Mmmmmmm... good thing a new season of True Blood starts soon! Now I need an Eric fix!