crab recipe and quinoa recipe help???

mommyweighless
mommyweighless Posts: 192 Member
I purchased low fat imitation crabmeat but i have no clue what to so with it...and quinoa as well. would love some recipe ideas?!

Replies

• Dice the crab and add ripe avocado and mash it all up. Use it in salads or as a spread for sandwiches. I like to use avocado instead of mayo now for spreads...works great. The key to cooking Quinoa I found was use 1 1/2 cups water to 1 cup Quinoa. Once it starts boiling, turn the heat down and simmer for 10 minutes. Turn the heat off and let stand for 5 minutes. This way it doesn't end up too soggy. Using more water or cooking longer makes it too mushy for me. Use it for stir frys, eat plain or add to salads. I usually add to the water before it boils a bit of sea salt, fresh basil leaves and minced garlic to give it flavor.
  • mommyweighless
    mommyweighless Posts: 192 Member
    Ok now another question...how do i pick out a good avacado? I've had aome.that were horrible.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Ok now another question...how do i pick out a good avacado? I've had aome.that were horrible.

a good ripe avocado should give just a bit when you lightly press it with your thumb, if it smushes or gives very easily it is prob a little over ripe and not the best. I buy them hard and keep them in the fridge, when you are ready to ripen them stick it in a brown PAPER bag overnight or for the day, if it's ripe and you aren't ready to eat it put it back in the fridge and it will keep for a while. I only use half of one at a time so I cut it in half wrap the other half with plastic wrap and then when I am ready to use that half I just barely slice off the part exposed to air and it is nice and green underneath. Hope that helps
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Also I love Trans Ocean Crab classic searimi, Really yummy in salads with light ranch, or you can do what subway does and do a healthier version of their seafood salad sub.