New Girl from Ohio

LiliaL
LiliaL Posts: 3
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
I recently lost 20 lbs due to illness and have managed to keep it off. Now I would like to do more than maintain, I would like to lose anouther 48 pounds.

Hoping to find support here. Thanks for reading!

Lilia

Replies

• FUNinTHEsun
    FUNinTHEsun Posts: 284 Member
    Welcome from Columbus!!! Good luck with your journey!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever!!! You will love this site if you don't already. I love this site. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, easy to use, and everyone is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to wish you a lot of success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!!!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • welcome:flowerforyou:
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Hello from Mariettai! You've come to the right place.

This is easy - here's all ya' gotta do:

Cook smart, lotsa good filling stuff. Some fruits, lotsa veggies, some grains-cereals, some starchy stuff, some lean meat. Almost nothing fried (and certainly nothing batter dipped & fried ), and very very little pastry/cakey stuff.

Count your calories accurately with the food guide here, and stay as close to your calorie allowance as you reasonably can. If you cook properly you shouldn't be too uncomfortable on the calorie allowance MFP will give you.

Get your exercise - work that gym, that's a huge help. Remember log your exercise adn eat at least some (I eat most) of your exercise calories. Don't want your body thinking you've moved to Ethiopia and locking into Famine Mode - it'll hang onto every fat gram it can if that happens.

And drink your water!

That's it, piece o' cake. Wife and I have been doing it for about 9 months now. I'm down about 60, she's down 45 and we're doing great. You can do it too.
  • AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Welcome! Where from in Ohio? You will find great support on this site!
  • kblu0816
    kblu0816 Posts: 1,627 Member
    Hello! I'm from C-bus!!! Casper I forgot you were from Marietta!

Anywho...I hope you enjoy the site.

p.s. Casper...I will be in your area this Saturday for a family reunion....thinking of stopping at the brewery...mmmm.....raspberry wheat...
  • mhayes13
    mhayes13 Posts: 60 Member
    Welcome from West Chester. The site is great and the people are very supportive. To get the most out of you efforts I could not say it any better than Casper on how to use this to your advantage to meet your goals. Good luck, you can do this.
  • CasperO
    Hello! I'm from C-bus!!! Casper I forgot you were from Marietta!

Anywho...I hope you enjoy the site.

p.s. Casper...I will be in your area this Saturday for a family reunion....thinking of stopping at the brewery...mmmm.....raspberry wheat...

I like the honey ale,,, ya', they have good goodies. Try the linguine w/clam sauce. :drinker:
  • Thanks everyone for welcoming me. I am excited. It is really true what they say that keeping a food journal opens up your eyes to what you are really consuming. Because of that discovery yesterday, today is the first day I have to decided to cut out my breakfast of a Starbuck's cinnamon chip scone and grande unsweetened iced coffee with 30% cream and 3 equals. Let's see if I make it through the caffeine withdrawal. :noway:
  • CasperO
    Wow,,, big big change. Giving up a half pound of sugar AND caffeine?

Do ya' like regular coffee? I drink a big cup every morning. Only 5 calories...
  • Welcome aboard!
This discussion has been closed.