question?

Options
devon0324
devon0324 Posts: 57 Member
Ive lost 20 pounds in 4 months. Is that good bcuz i feel like i shld have lost more by now and im getting discouraged. please help

Replies

• angie_sample
    angie_sample Posts: 190
    Options
    20 pounds in 4 months is something to be very proud of. Thats 5 pounds a month and a little over a pound a week. you are losing weight in a healthy way. Keep on going, ur doing great!! :)
  • devon0324
    Options
    Thank u! i really needed that bcuz i was about to fall off the wagon! Thaks again!!!
  • leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    That's better than my goal weight loss of 1 lb per week and is, IMHO, completely freaking awesome!!! Weight taken off slowly stays off better than weight that melts away according to studies =)
  • angie_sample
    angie_sample Posts: 190
    Options
    just a suggestion, do u take ur measurements? Thats another way to see your victoriess
  • mdorisi
    mdorisi Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    20 LBS IS GREAT! I know it's been said before but just go to the store and pick up 2 10lb sacks of potatos and you'll see just how much 20lbs is. Also DO TAKE MEASUREMENTS! I have only lost 17lbs so far but I have lost 3" from my hips, 3" from my tummy and various inches from my legs, neck and arms. You're doing great though! keep it up :)
  • devon0324
    Options
    NO i actualy havent taken ANY measurments. I am going to start tho! Thanks everyone for the encouragement!!! I love all my MFP'ers!!!
  • fitbum19
    fitbum19 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Thats pretty amazing! keep it up! good pace :-) but just remember that as you lose more, your loss will probably slow down in pace, because you will have less to lose
  • britcurl
    britcurl Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Slow and Steady wins the race! :) Great job!!!
  • Momoftwins1987
    Momoftwins1987 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I think that is great :)
  • ogottwald
    ogottwald Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    20 pounds in 4 months is perfect! Keep up the great work.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!