skinny margarita?

Options
Aross83
Aross83 Posts: 936 Member
Anyone try the Skinny margarita that you can buy at the liguor store?
is it any good? was thinking about getting this for saturday.

thanks

Replies

• shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options
    Yes I have tried it. It is pretty good. Jose makes a light margarita mix also if you want to make your own.
    Thanks, now I want a margarita!
  • Aross83
    Options
    haha! well go have one!!! thanks for the info! i didnt want to buy them if they suck..
  • SheehyCFC
    SheehyCFC Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I actually "make my own" - lime juice + triple sec + whatever tequila I have on hand.

But I have tried the bottled stuff - it is good. Not as good as fresh made (squeezed limes), but much more convenient.
  • SirBen81
    SirBen81 Posts: 396 Member
    Options

thanks

Yeah, I didn't like it. Try freezing the diet version of your favorite fruit soda(Mt. Dew, 7up, Cherry) in ice cube trays. Blend up the frozen cubes with some Tequilla + Triple Sec and lemon juice. That'll do 'er.
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options

thanks

Yeah, I didn't like it. Try freezing the diet version of your favorite fruit soda(Mt. Dew, 7up, Cherry) in ice cube trays. Blend up the frozen cubes with some Tequilla + Triple Sec and lemon juice. That'll do 'er.

^^^^^ THIS, exactly! I had the same experience and now this is how I make my margaritas too!
  • Aross83
    Options
    thanks guys! i think im going to stick with the just the Lime juice, tequila and tripple sec.. sounds better to me!
    i dont usually buy the pre-made drink stuff..
  • aj_31
    aj_31 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I hated the Skinny GIrl one. I opened it and didn't even drink 1/2 a cup. I left it on ice for the hotel staff.
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    never had it. i use the crystal light margarita mix at 5 calories a glass, and it makes mass amounts it was only 2 and some change at the store. and i can add as much tequila to it as i like :D
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    bah i didn't like it. way too sweet. i'd rather have one margarita that tastes good.
  • jmlynch502
    jmlynch502 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    oo just in time for cinco de mayo! good call. i want a margarito now haha