Need friends for encouragement and support

Options
Hey everyone,

I am a 39 yo single mom needing to lose weight. I am active in the gym but instead of losing weight I am gaining. I have been told its muscle, and I guess I believe that. But I was discouraged because I am human and want the quick and the fast. I know it took time to get there so it will take time to get it off. If you are willing I am always posting and encouraging and would love to add you and hopefully get the encouragement back from you!

Replies

• cahulsey
    cahulsey Posts: 11
    Options
    HI there! If you're lookin for some encouragement and support, i'm here! The journey to health, fitness, and weight loss is a tough one at times. I've been stumbling for years. But, for 3 days, i've been focused and really trying to take it one day at time, one meal at time, and decision at a time.

Let me know if I can help!
  • eve1964
    eve1964 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Add me as a friend!! I will always be willing to give encouragment and support. I began my journey in january and have been working very hard at it so i know what you are going through!! You're right though, we are human and all want fast results. I have to keep telling myself the same thing....It took many years of bad eating and bad habits to get here..a few weeks in the gym and dieting will not shed it all. This has to be a lifestyle change...a diet only changes your weight...you have to change your lifestyle to make a lasting change. I'm new here too and will be making a post here in a second...just wanted to let you know I would be here for you too!!
  • MikMont
    MikMont Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Add me too! I have been avoiding cake in the office all day and I am pretty proud of myself! just thought someone should know that :)
  • cbehanno
    cbehanno Posts: 3
    Options
    WTG MikMont! Keep up the good work!
  • cbehanno
    cbehanno Posts: 3
    Options
    You can add me if you like! Keep up the good work... one day at a time is a good thing..you cannot count tomorrow because it isnt here yet, and yesterday is forgotten, live in the gift you've been given of Today!
  • crush86
    crush86 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I'm 24 and always looking for people to talk about my weight loss journey. Everyone could use support! Add me if you would like! :)
  • bfairbanks1982
    bfairbanks1982 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    @MikMont....Good for you!! I use to work at an office that had cake for almost every occasion...it seemed like everyday there was a cake lol
  • Yetibite
    Yetibite Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I love working out on the elliptical! I was a gym rat until my back gave out. I was a year in pain slowly gaining weight and being less and less active as the pain got worse. Than I had spinal fusion and was unable to move for 2 months. Now I am way over weight and trying to get my strength back. On average the human body will gain only one pound of muscle per week. While I was in therapy I kept eating wrong and didn't loose any weight. I needed to tighten up my diet. I did thanks to MFP and I am on my way to loose 4lbs. this week! I have my food journal open so my friends can help keep me honest and accountable! Please add me if you like.
  • Babygirl928
    Babygirl928 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me for encouragement and support and WTG micmont hehe
  • jeaniedev
    jeaniedev Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I am 40 yo mom, lost 61lbs so far and still have more to go, I find the more encouragement I have and support the easier it is for me to make better choices..