Any good fitness apps?

Options
I got an Iphone. I use MFP and just got stronglift... any others??

Replies

• EnthusedMeerkat
    EnthusedMeerkat Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I recommend RunStar if you run.
  • forsettii
    forsettii Posts: 29
    Options
    I have MyFitnessPal
    FitBit
    MapMyRIDE - Tracks walking, Running, Biking uses GPS to tell you how far you went.
  • nicb1rd
    nicb1rd Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Nike Training Club. It's awesome and it's free!
  • tenunderfour
    tenunderfour Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Runnersworld smart coach
    interval timer
    Nike Training Club (this one is EXCELLENT)
    Daily workouts - Arms, Ab, Leg, butt,
    Active.com
  • VirtuallyAmy
    VirtuallyAmy Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I have MyFitnessPal
    FitBit
    MapMyRIDE - Tracks walking, Running, Biking uses GPS to tell you how far you went.

How do you like the FitBit? I am interested but it seems glitchy by reading the forums and I wonder how you find it helps. THanks
  • Raiderxx
    Raiderxx Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    RunKeeper!
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    do a search for free workouts you will find some name cardio, butt, arms, legs, and abs I have those and their good for a short quick workout..

oh and deck of card pt...navy seals I think is another one
  • ryanpayne4
    ryanpayne4 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I use RunKeeper to track my runs. gps, coaching, music playlist.
  • momswanson
    momswanson Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Runkeeper is awesome! :smile:
  • MeeshKB
    MeeshKB Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Check out the lolo apps, particularly Beatburn. It's a fantastic app that sets up progressively more challenging walk, walk/jog and running interval workouts for you and syncs up your music to your workout. It is awesome. Without that app, I don't think I'd have made any progress with my cardio. In fact, I probably would have quit out of boredom.

They also have apps for abs, legs, arms and yoga workouts. I have tried all but the yoga one and they're awesome.

www.lolofi.com
  • GreyhoundGuru
    GreyhoundGuru Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    If you're a zombie fan and a runner, I hear "Zombies, Run!" is a really fun app
    https://www.zombiesrungame.com/

I'm desperately waiting for it to come out on Android.
  • VirtuallyAmy
    VirtuallyAmy Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Push Up - Woman. Does not always count your pushups but it catches most of them. Helps to guilt me into doing them.
  • beardmouse
    beardmouse Posts: 19
    Options
    If you're a zombie fan and a runner, I hear "Zombies, Run!" is a really fun app
    https://www.zombiesrungame.com/

I'm desperately waiting for it to come out on Android.

^^^This! It's amazing.
    Nike Training (others have mentioned this).
    BMF (British Military Fitness) - There's bound to be an equivalent if it's not available in the US

x
  • forsettii
    forsettii Posts: 29
    Options
    I have MyFitnessPal
    FitBit

How do you like the FitBit? I am interested but it seems glitchy by reading the forums and I wonder how you find it helps. THanks

Truthfully, I have mixed feelings about it. I haven't noticed ghost steps, but I wear the FitBit and an Omron Pedometer. They have different numbers all day long. The FitBit tracks flights of stairs the Omron tracks Aerobic steps (10 minutes min).

I think anything will work as long as you follow through with it. I do like the fact that it auto updates.

When it works it works great. There are a few times that the FitBit doesn't update the MFP website. There is some lag and it takes a while to update.

Really it is a personal preference. How involved are you going to be tracking your calories from working out or your miles walked / run / biked.

Feel free to message me if you want to ask anything else.
  • gseburn
    gseburn Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    www.gymtechnik.com Great for strength training workouts.
  • madmax0412
    madmax0412 Posts: 65
    Options
    Jefit is pretty awesome as well if you want to log lifting and cardio.
  • jessiewise827
    Options
    Boot Camp Challenge!
    You can use it for any level of fitness and you mark what equipment you have so it doesn't give you a workout you can't do. :)
  • grimm1974
    grimm1974 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I use endomondo for walking/running.
  • wayne4825
    wayne4825 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I use Cardio Trainer on my android. I use it while hiking, biking and everything else. I also use a HRM so I can get a more accurate count on my calories.