Smothie help please?

Options
Tracey1147
Tracey1147 Posts: 951 Member
I would like to make a smothie, I have mango, pear, banana, apples, orange juice, cramberry juice and plain yogurt.
I was thinking of just throwing a bit of each in, maybe not the yogurt and only one juice but wasn't sure.
Any ideas what will taste good? I would like to use most of the fruit as I won't eat them on their own.

Replies

• kristinajaffe
    kristinajaffe Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    it depends what you like.. but i would go with the mango banana yogurt and either one of the juices my pref. being apple... smoothies are hard to mess up.. just put what you like... :smile:
  • kristinajaffe
    Options
    it depends what you like.. but i would go with the mango banana yogurt and either one of the juices my pref. being apple... smoothies are hard to mess up.. just put what you like... :smile:

oops just saw it's apples not apple juice so i would go with a little bit of oj or milk with a little bit of stevia and the above ingredients.. :)
  • kristinajaffe
    Options
    you could also try the apple and pear with cranberry juice .. with or without the yogurt..

also i love mixing cranberry and orange juice together.. i think the banana apple and yogurt would be good with that.. hope these ideas have helped..
  • emarge
    emarge Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm currently having a Cucumber-Pear-Spinach smoothie. So good! This website is GREAT for smoothie ideas! Just started doing her recipes. http://www.incrediblesmoothies.com/
  • AndMee
    AndMee Posts: 23
    Options
    You have a trick question here. I count calories on everything and I have brought my smoothie calorie count from 350 (1st one I made) to 155. Here is my recipe: 4 oz of Almond Milk (I use the Pure Silk Almond Milk that is 60 calories for 8 oz), 1/2 cup of mixed fruit (I use frozen and the calorie count is 70 per 1 cup so I use half), 1 scoop of protein (I use one for women that is 90 calories a scoop - I have been working out quite a bit and need the extra protein, but you can omit this and add more of the frozen fruit if you like), then I add 4-8 oz of water and ice - this will depend on how you like your smoothies or more or less water/ice. Blend away. This is my favorie one I have made and I have only been making them for about 3 weeks.
  • Tracey1147
    Tracey1147 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    you could also try the apple and pear with cranberry juice .. with or without the yogurt..

also i love mixing cranberry and orange juice together.. i think the banana apple and yogurt would be good with that.. hope these ideas have helped..

Thank you, I think I'll try your ideas in the morning for breakfast
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Smoothies are kind of useless unless you add some protein in there...you might as well just eat some fruit and save yourself the calories from the juices.

Here is a good protein smoothie I do:

EAS 100% Whey Vanilla - 1 scoop
    4oz unsweetened almond milk
    2oz Fage 0% greek yogurt
    handful of blueberries or strawberries

You're getting 30 grams of protein and approximately 220 calories and 10 grams of carbs. And you're getting some good BCAA's for recovery. Win win!
  • Deval619
    Deval619 Posts: 6
    Options
    You could also try:
    1 scoop of chocolate casein
    banana
    Scoop peanut butter
    Crushed ice

XD not much of a smoothie but taste great.
  • Jesstruhan
    Jesstruhan Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I would like to make a smothie, I have mango, pear, banana, apples, orange juice, cramberry juice and plain yogurt.
    I was thinking of just throwing a bit of each in, maybe not the yogurt and only one juice but wasn't sure.
    Any ideas what will taste good? I would like to use most of the fruit as I won't eat them on their own.

I like the banana, yogurt, mango and maybe a slice or two of apple, with just a tiny tiny bit of the OJ.
    OR, pear, apple and yogurt with a little of the cranberry juice (but just a tiny, tiny bit).
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    I do about 2 c of OJ, 1 cup frozen strawberries, 1 cup frozen mixed berries, 1 banana (sometimes) and a few ice cubes. (Makes about 3 servings at about 150 calories or less)

Another option based on your list would be apple juice, peaches, mango, and a bit of banana. I haven't tried it, but now I'm going to!
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    And looking at your list again ... it would be really YUMMY to just throw that all together!
  • maddienme02
    Options
    I Drink something I like to call a "Green Monster"! They take a bit of getting used to but I love, love, love them. 1 cup Silk Coconut Milk, 1 cup fresh spinach, 1 medium frozen banana, 1 tbs spurilina, 2 tsp chlorella, a couple ice cubes and blend away. I use the spurlina as a protein source because it is one of the very few proteins that contains all of your amino acids.
  • Treece68
    Treece68 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I like to freeze my fruit for smoothies. Strawberry Mango banana sounds good. I like to use Vruit juice it's a combination of veg and fruit juice so you get that in your smoothie too!