Vegetarian (or Vegan) Recipes - Minus The Beans?

SeasideOasis
SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
Hello my MFP World. My better half, after doing some reading, is looking to lose some body fat. According to what he read, he is doing an 'almost' completely vegetarian diet. 60% of his daily food allowance is raw or cooked vegetables (50/50). I am not going to lie, while I have tried a few recipes that are vegetarian, I would be lying if I said I was a vegetarian chef!

What are your favorite vegetarian recipes? Soups? Slow Cook Meals? Etc!

I dont like beans (sigh), but I have been known to cook with lentils (its a texture thing) - So please, no bean recipes unless its just as good without beans and you dont feel like taking it out of the post :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Bump. Id like to know too. :)
  • I'm far from vegetarian, but I'm a pretty big fan of textured vegetable protein. I'll reconstitute some of that, add some spices and vegetables, and maybe some diced tomatoes. There's a lot you can do with it, good stuff.
  • kpal73
    kpal73 Posts: 4 Member
    I Puree Cauliflower with roasted garlic and stuff them in Pasta Shells or peppers and add crushed or diced tomatos and tons of veggies. If you use peppers there are hardly any calories in a super filling meal. Make sure you add steam broccoli on the side or carrots and you will be full all night! The best is that you can have as many as you want.
    Cauliflower is boiled until soft and i use a had blender and it creams right up!
  • heatgal976
    heatgal976 Posts: 53 Member
    Web search Post Punk Kitchen and Fat Free Vegan. These two sites have tons of vegetarian recipes.
  • mariiyah
    mariiyah Posts: 136 Member
    i'd like some ideas too! i have also read about eating 50-50 raw-cooked vegetables (an ounce/pound/??forgot of it per day).
    and while i do have at least 2-3 fruits in my diary i've noticed i have HARDLY any vegetables in there.
    would love some ideas. even salads!

thanks for the post.
  • SeasideOasis
    SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
    I Puree Cauliflower with roasted garlic and stuff them in Pasta Shells or peppers and add crushed or diced tomatos and tons of veggies. If you use peppers there are hardly any calories in a super filling meal. Make sure you add steam broccoli on the side or carrots and you will be full all night! The best is that you can have as many as you want.
    Cauliflower is boiled until soft and i use a had blender and it creams right up!

LOVE the Cauliflower Idea! I definitely want to try that sometime!