Please help with suggestions for rewards/incentives

Options
I am just starting my journey and one thing I know is that I respond well to the concept of "prize at completion" When I was a kid, Mom kept a box of cards with various small rewards for meeting and special cards for exceeding our weekly responsibilities and we could pick from them which card we wanted.

I was thinking to do something like this, but, what I have found is that I am not very good at coming up with rewards for myself these days. So, I thought I would turn to the folks here for suggestions. The only limitations to your imagination would be no food (duh) or clothing rewards .

Here are the categories I am looking for:

Small rewards for increments of 5 pounds lost
Medium reward for 25
Large reward for 50
Super reward for Goal

Looking forward to your ideas!

Replies

• 987Runner
    987Runner Posts: 209
    Options
    I actually don't work with rewards per say, I work towards goals. When I reach a goal, that's my "mental" reward. For me, losing weight wasn't my goal as much as the exercise was, the weight loss was my reward. My goal was to reach 20 miles per week. Goal reached! My next goal is to get a new PR on a 10k this weekend. The next goal, half marathon in 2 hours. Next goal, complete insanity. The weight loss like I said, is my reward! :-)

Perhaps a tangible reward works for some people, but I feel much better after reaching an exercise goal.

Hope you find some great ideas!
  • binabodu
    binabodu Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for ideas for this too!

I have come up with pedicures, massage, shoes, workout clothes, HRM, etc. I know shopping at my goal will be my ultimate reward.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    every 5 lbs - $5 on new playlist tunes
    every 10 lbs - 1 new item of workout clothing
    every 15 lbs - 1 new piece of exercise equipment
    every 20 lbs - 2 pairs of jeans
    every 30 lbs - play hooky from work and have an adventure day just for you.
  • SouthernSweetie74
    Options
    I'm planning a cruise for my ultimate goal I think!
  • Sonriendo
    Sonriendo Posts: 98
    Options
    I havnt really set any goals like that but one thing am sure about is that once I hit my goal I will wear a 2 piece BIKINI for the very first time in my life :love:
    And also I would like to take some Budoir Pictures.... :glasses:
  • skinnylove00
    skinnylove00 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    NO BINGES UNTIL END OF MAY: New bathing suit!
    RUN 10 MILES CONTINUOUSLY: Vintage Sundress!
    SATISFYING ABS: MAC makeup pallet!
    25 INCH WAIST: New high-heeled sandals!
  • JeanetteButler
    Options
    I put a $5 bill in a jar each time I lose one pound. When I reach my goal weight, I will have enough for a cruise with friends:glasses:
  • reybrianne
    reybrianne Posts: 11
    Options
    Well I have goals like get a mani and pedi. I do goals every ten lbs :)
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    I'm saving all the glory for the end. This is food-related, so I'm breaking the rules. When I exceed my goal and stabilize my weight for a period of two weeks, I'm going out and buying myself the nicest bottle of single-malt I can possibly afford.

Then, I'm going to drink it, one shot glass at a time, within my maintenance calorie budget. ;)
  • whallvr
    whallvr Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I like goals and rewards. Big and small :)
    Here are some of mine:

New app for my phone
    MOVIE OUT
    New book
    Pedicure
    New sunglasses- $2 per every pound lost-the most expensive pair I ever bought
    I love pens- so a new fancy pen

My big one is going to Hawaii and doing a zipline adventure as well as many others!

Good luck with your journey
  • Kaylarhodes
    Kaylarhodes Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Something that makes you feel good!

Send yourself flowers!
  • SheilaKT
    SheilaKT Posts: 9
    Options
    There are some good ideas out there. The reward for me is when I get on the scale and lose the lbs. My incentive is to able to wear a swimsuit (and feel comfortable w/ my body) for my trip to Mexico in May 2013. to help me with that goal, I have posted pictures of the sandy beautiful beaches in Mexico on my fridge, in my car (so I don't stop at fast food) and at work. It has been working.