need filler snack ideas

kimtpa1417
kimtpa1417 Posts: 461 Member
I am finding myself really hungry in the afternoons after lunch..... i dont care for any of the nuts unless in a trial mix and I cant be trusted to eat 1 serving of the stuff

What filler snacks do you eat that will hold you over until dinner?

Replies

• yubafarm
    yubafarm Posts: 28 Member
    I like:

-the remaining 1/3 or 1/4 of my lunch - I set it aside at lunch time and eat later
    -1/2 cup nonfat yogurt or cottage cheese
    -a mug full of rehydrated split pea soup or curry lentil soup - I buy the dehydrated soup in bulk at whole foods, most health food stores have it. really tasty, high protein. i keep some at work, super easy to put some in a mug and add hot water.
    -rice cake if i can afford the carbs
  • kimtpa1417
    kimtpa1417 Posts: 461 Member
    Sounds yummy
  • Brenda_Pancakes
    Brenda_Pancakes Posts: 288 Member
    I do a lot of popcorn. Both aid popped (the no guilt stuff from Trader Joe's) and those little 100 calorie Smart Pop bags. If i'm doing the microwave bags, though, I pop it at home in the morning, spinkle just a little bit of those popcorn seasonings on it (nacho cheese flavor and white cheddar are awesome)...

I also will cut up a bunch of carrots, celery and bell peppers in the morning and stick it in my lunch bag as a snack.

FiberOne 90 calorie bars are also awesome... gives you a fill of a sweet treat... Instead of reaching for mini snickers like I used to.

Pretzel thins and light laughing cow cheese wedges. It's a little over 130 calories for the whole snack, I believe.

I've gotta try that dried soup thing they were talking about above... that sounds pretty doable :)
  • knightreader
    knightreader Posts: 813 Member
    quaker mini quakes, cheddar are awesome!
    wheat thins
    strawberries
    carrots
    nutragrain bar, altho i seem to have moved past them recently