What does your breakfast....

Options
consist of?

What do you typically eat for breakfast? Protein? Other?
Need ideas...

Replies

• FUNinTHEsun
    FUNinTHEsun Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Today was:

Two slices of 35 calorie wheat toast w/ orange marmalade
    4 oz Dannon light and fit peach yogurt

Pretty filling!!

I will also have a mid-morning snack:

Special K chocolatey drizzle bar--I've been having crazy chocolate cravings lately!
  • MissKim
    MissKim Posts: 2,853 Member
    Options
    I eat old fashioned oatmeal with a little cinnamin and splenda sprinkled on top and I have four hard boiled eggs, one with the yolk the other three without! This is what I eat most days. It's what I have found keeps me the fullest longest, plus its good!
  • ♥seoid♥
    Options
    I wish I liked oatmeal...maybe I should try different ones.
    Oh eggs ~ good idea! Easy to bring to work!
    :flowerforyou:
  • m2kjenn
    m2kjenn Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    I wish I liked oatmeal too - always makes me gag.

Here is a great recipe I just found - very yummmy - great protein

Mini Fritattas

4eggs
    2 tbs low fat milk
    1/2 cup diced red pepper
    1/2 cup diced red onion
    1 cup chopped frozen spinach
    salt and pepper to taste
    red pepper flakes
    1/4 cup shredded cheese

1 microwave spinach for two minutes, wring with hands to drain excess liquid
    2. beat eggs and milk in small bowl
    3. add veggies and spices
    4. Pour into muffin tins coated with cooking spray
    5. top with shredded cheese
    6. Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes or until firm and golden on top
    7. Once cooled you can store in the fridge, to warm, microwve for 20-40 seconds to reheat.

Very portable, easy breakfast to bring to work. Two are 172 calories, and 16 grams Protein
  • MissKim
    MissKim Posts: 2,853 Member
    Options
    I wish I liked oatmeal...maybe I should try different ones.
    Oh eggs ~ good idea! Easy to bring to work!
    :flowerforyou:

lol...that's what I'm doing right now...sitting at my desk at work eating my oatmeal and eggs ;)
  • Delaina1
    Delaina1 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I always like something sweet in the morning! (I guess it comes from years of donuts and choc. milk for breakfast)

I love kellogs granola cereal without raisins with fat free milk! It has good flavor (sweet), texture, and fiber! It keeps me full for a while and then I have a special K 90 cal blueberry or strawberry snack bar mid-morning.
  • leighoconnell
    Options
    I eat a raisin and cinnamon bagel which lasts me till lunch at 11. Then again I'm not really a breakfast person. I find to much food makes me sick so I keep it light.
  • shinybonnie
    Options
    I love my slimfast bars for breakfast! There are a few varieties... Chocolate chip, peanut butter, and chocolate brownie are my favorites. They are all 220 calories and like 30% of all your vitamins, calcium, etc. There is also a blueberry muffin one that is supposed to be a "snack" - it has 140 cals. If I eat that, i have a banana too.

They all go great with my morning coffee. I feel like I am eating coffee and donuts or something.
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    1 egg
    some lunch meat
    slice of cheese
    on an toasted english muffin

great start to my days
  • dclarsh
    dclarsh Posts: 364
    Options
    I had some strawberries with a cup of plain non-fat yogurt, a teaspoon of honey and a quarter cup Kashi Go Lean Crunch cereal on top. I ate that four hours ago, and am just starting to feel a little bit hungry now.
  • mhayes13
    mhayes13 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    During the week I spread a yogurt and a fiber one bar over my morning (see number below). Sugar total is a little high but right now I am focusing on calories - as I progress I will replace the bar with fruit. Weekends usually oatmeal (Quaker Oats Lower Sugar Instant ) with 1 piece of weat toast in the oatmeal.

Yoplait Light Fat Free Yogurt Thick & Creamy - Cherry Cobbler, 1 container = 6 oz
    Calories Carbs Fat Protein Cholest Sugars Fiber
    100 20g 0g 5g 5mg 14g 0g

General Mills - Fiber One Chewy Bars - Oats and Chocolate, 1 bar (40 g)
    Calories Carbs Fat Protein Cholest Sugars Fiber
    140 29g 4g 2g 0mg 10g 9g
  • sjhnny
    Options
    I have either
    a toasted "Bagel Brothers" Cinn-raisin-nut Bagel Bar (from Costco) with 2 tsp of Smart Balance Light
    AND a Go-gurt =316cal and 10g protein

Or a smoothie made with:
    1/4 cup OJ
    1/2 cup skim milk (I sometimes freeze some milk in ice cube trays and use half frozen, half fresh)
    a few fresh-frozen strawberries
    1 tube frozen go-gurt
    1/2 oz. (Sprouts brand) protein powder=226 calories, 19g protein

I always had the bagel bar when I was doing very intense boot-camp workouts and it got me through them with plenty of energy, but not too heavy so I never felt sick.
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Couple boiled egg whites,
    Grape nuts
    2%
  • faithjobes
    faithjobes Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    scrambled egg, turkey bacon or turkey sausage and something whole grain-waffle, pancakes, toast and a piece of fruit. only about 300 calories and keeps me full. hope this helps.
  • moondoxy
    Options
    Yoplus probiotic yogurt.
  • ♥seoid♥
    Options
    Yoplus probiotic yogurt.
    What is that?
  • nikki4ever
    Options
    lately, it has been 3 egg whites with 1 turkey breast..and then a bowl of strawberries, with 1/2 cup grapefruit juice.
    but i like to mix it up, i looove breakfast so i love everything..oatmeal, wheat toast, all types of fruits, cereals etc..bf is my favorite meal, since i have a very early dinner around 730 pm, i look forward to bf very early in the morning..its like my own wakeup call!!! :wink: