Low Calorie Cocktails - Suggestions Please!

Options
vlmazz
vlmazz Posts: 14
Love having drinks with friends or my husband on the weekend (doesn't go hand in hand with losing weight)... So I'm looking for some low cal options. Thanks! - Val :)

Replies

• DaringAdventure
    DaringAdventure Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Svedka Vodka - 2 oz = 138 cals I mix it with diet tonic water = 0 cals
    Red Wine = 105 cals for 5 oz (Cabernet)

Hope this helps.
  • 72elkiedude
    72elkiedude Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    vodka and crysral light lemonade
  • Huff0927
    Huff0927 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I work in a bar doing karaoke 4 hours a night 4 nights p/wk. I know how you feel. I drink rum and diet coke or go for the bud light 55's for beer. Then the next day I have to walk 4 miles. It's just not worth it. I'm thinking of maybe drinking diet green tea with nothing in it.
  • Lisseth03
    Lisseth03 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I always just got vodka, water, lime whenever i went out.
  • jenniferlynn12
    Options
    Diet tonic water, gin and lime is my fave... or try diet cranberry juice, diet sprite, crystal light... make sure your mixer is low-cal and then you'll just have the calories from the alcohol. Have fun!
  • southjerzjoy
    southjerzjoy Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I always get a flavored vodka with club and a splash of cranberry. You can always do just club and cran in between so your getting water and you stil feel like you have a cocktail.
  • Kris1997
    Kris1997 Posts: 241
    Options
    Skinny Girl cocktails!
  • gpstrucker
    gpstrucker Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    1 ounce of Seagram's 7 only has 69 calories. Mixed with diet soda or soda water it's relatively low cal.
  • katy84o
    katy84o Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    A shot of vodka, with half seltzer half cranberry, over ice.
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    glass of white wine
    or crystal light margarita mix with a shot or two of tequila

if i am out at a bar i usually stick with white wine
  • tdoll777
    tdoll777 Posts: 2
    Options
    Rum and diet soda. 96 calories
    Gin and diet tonic. 96 calories

4 oz. Glass of wine......
    Chardonnay, Zinfandel or Riesling 90 calories
    Merlot, Rose or Rhonewith 95 calories
  • cryan1980
    cryan1980 Posts: 37
    Options
    Gin and Club... I look at it Like a long Martini
  • Kelsbellz
    Kelsbellz Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Vodka and DIET cranberry juice (5 calories per serving)...less than 100 calories total.
  • dmf711
    dmf711 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Skinny Girl cocktails!

Be VERY careful with Skinnygirl Cocktails. They don't list the sugar content on the label. As great as they are at touting the drinks as low-calorie, the sugar content is probably astronomical (if it weren't they would probably brag about it being low-sugar too). I'm still fighting them to put the sugar content on the label. Sugar is the silent killer and not enough people monitor their intake.

If you're gonna drink, then yes you should definitely keep an eye out for calories but the next thing you should be checking is the sugar content.

EDIT: Just did some research. Apparently, Skinnygirl now lists the sugar content on the Margarita bottles. Last time I saw one before I swore them off, the nutrition information was nowhere to be found, on the bottle or online! So, have your Skinnygirl Cocktails at your discretion but DO monitor your sugar intake! :D
  • agleckle
    agleckle Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of flavored vodkas with soda water. :)
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    My fav drink is gin-diet tonic and lime. i find it is easy to cut the gin half or delete after the 2nd drink. Lots of lime juice for me is the answer.
  • _Schatzi_
    _Schatzi_ Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Have you ever heard of the Skinny (B-word)? It's Diet Coke & Vodka. I did try it once. Pretty unsatisfactory, in my opinion, but I'm a wine girl :)
  • Kris1997
    Kris1997 Posts: 241
    Options
    Cranberry juice, sprite zero, vodka.
  • vlmazz
    vlmazz Posts: 14
    Options
    Thanks for the great suggestions guys!!!!!! Is it the weekend yet lol?! :)
  • TOYGRRRL
    TOYGRRRL Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my cocktails and wine! I didn't give it up the first time around with MFP and lost 34lbs hitting and surpassing my goals. I maintained it for half a year on my own but regained 6lbs on a vacation to Italy with my husband in January. I gave alcohol up a month and a half ago because we have a new trip planned May 18th. I gave up alcohol up for the last month and vowed to not drink till I lost my final pounds and maintain my goal weight for a month. That date is May 15th! ! ! ! ! WOOT!

Before I gave it up I enjoyed my cocktails and wine. I just worked it into my calories by putting in extra cardio and/or choosing lower calorie choices for my meals. Which usually meant adding in extra vegetables.

You don't need to give up everything you love. Everything in moderation.

Cheers! :drinker: