Heart Rate Monitor and P90X

Options
I have been doing some of the DVDs of P90X. I use a heart rate monitor but have no clue how to find out how many calories I'm burning for those exercises. I have found other web sites that calculate general activities, but I don't know what I would categorize P90X.

Can someone help me?

Replies

• sharyon
    sharyon Posts: 2
    Options
    I DO P90X. YOU CAN GOOGLE THE EXERCISE AND IT WILL GIVE YOU AN ESTIMATE OF CALORIES BURNED.
  • Blanche76
    Blanche76 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Do you not have a recall button on it? Mine does and it will tell me calories how many minutes and my BPM
  • annttvldz
    annttvldz Posts: 21
    Options
    No, apparently mine is a cheapo that only shows you bpm when you have your fingers on it. It doesn't save any.
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    If you want to get a decent estimate of calories you might insider investing in one with a chest strap (for continuous hr monitoring) and make sure it says that it estimates calories. Polar makes some good ones, I have the FT4 and it calculates calories for me based on my hr as well as my height, weight, age, and gender that I programmed in when I bought it. :-)
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    If you want to get a decent estimate of calories you might insider investing in one with a chest strap (for continuous hr monitoring) and make sure it says that it estimates calories. Polar makes some good ones, I have the FT4 and it calculates calories for me based on my hr as well as my height, weight, age, and gender that I programmed in when I bought it. :-)

^This

I have a Garmin FR60 and it does everything for me.
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    create you exercise profile, then use it for logging
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Get a new HRM!!!!!!!!! The only reason I'd even wear one is to find out how many calories I burned.
  • annttvldz
    annttvldz Posts: 21
    Options
    I think that's what I need to do. Get a new one. I didn't realization it didn't do the calories :-( Guess my husband gets a new watch.
  • wayne4825
    wayne4825 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    You can get a decent HRM with chest strap that measures how many calories you burn during your exercise off of Ebay. I purchased the Pyle and I love it. I use it on all my workouts.
  • wayne4825
    wayne4825 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    You can get a decent HRM with chest strap that measures how many calories you burn during your exercise off of Ebay. I purchased the Pyle and I love it. I use it on all my workouts.

Also, I have the Cardio Trainer app on my android phone that has P90X on it. Not sure how accurate it is but it would be worth a shot.