discouraged...

Options
2»

Replies

• kateva143
    kateva143 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Seems like 12lbs is great especially considering how much you are working out! Don't forget muscle weighs more than fat. I know it's somewhat discouraging to see inches coming off instead of pounds don't take it as a negative, inches are more important than weight!
    If you want to boost I would try lowering your sodium intake, and boosting your water. Sodium is a silent diet killer, and it's one of my weak points too =/
    Good luck, and keep up the good work!!!
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    No!! Your doing great!! You seem to be losing consistently which is great!! Remember its not going to all come off so quickly, like everyone else is saying *1lb a week is good!* :bigsmile:
  • dan95130
    dan95130 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    12 pounds and 12" in three months is fantastic. Keep up the good work.
  • lesle1
    lesle1 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    12 pounds is great! For me I had to be active at least an hour a day to get the weight loss I wanted. Now I don't even bother with the scale. I got addicted to running and I love how it makes me feel so I keep running....

I agree with eating more than 1200 calories... I'd also cut back on some of that fast food.
  • Taegan45
    Taegan45 Posts: 9
    Options
    koneil, your doing great!

Just did a quick skim through your diary and your average calorie count may be to low especially if you are excersising regularly. I have a suggestion and it may sound silly but if you begin to cut out the processe foods and include more fresh versions of that would be a start but eat more to lose more. Aim for an intake of 1500-1600 of clean foods and you should hopefully lose more :) Good luck and dont give up!
  • ArtemisMoon
    ArtemisMoon Posts: 144
    Options
    Sounds like you are making very good progress on the inches, which is a lot more important than the weight. If you are gaining any muscle, you can bet your weight loss will be less than your inches.
  • koneil83
    koneil83 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    thanks for a lot of good advise. A lot of people are asking how my clothes fit and there's only one pair of pants that I fit into now that I could not before. Everything else seems to still be fitting the same. =(
  • mommyrox05
    mommyrox05 Posts: 238
    Options
    I definitly agree you need to be eating AT LEAST 1200 calories a day and as many of your exercise calories back as you can (fuel to keep up the great work). Drinking a lot of water is key in weight loss success as well ( I try and drink at least 3 quarts if not 4 quarts a day). If you are eating a lot of processed foods, try to eliminate them as much as you can or all together (except on occasion) as they have a lot of sodium and other stuff that isn't good for you . The You are doing great with the 12 lbs you have lost so far. Keep up the great work! If you stick with it you will see results! You are working out hard, and that and the right fuel/ amount of fuel for your body will pay off in the end! :flowerforyou:
  • koneil83
    koneil83 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I am a cashier and work weird hours during the day. This may be a silly question but what does processed food mean? How can I eat cleaner? Also, I drink at least 8 oz of water a day how much more should I drink?

I try not to eat back my exercise calories because I don't know how accurate my calorie counter is on my HRM and how accurate MFP is with some of the calories I eat.