Not seeing results, time to make a change!

Options
Hello out there!

I'm here because I've done everything I thought I needed to do to see a change in the scales - everything my friends had said they had done and the weight had just "melted" off of them. Well, I must be dysfunctional because I followed all the same steps and my weight loss yo-yoed back and forth between gaining and losing the same six pounds. >.< Talk about an ego kill.

So I tried adding some exercise - serious stuff too! Three times a week, starting with pilates and moving into three solid hours of cardio in the form of Kinect dancing with the xbox. And NOTHING!

Yep, I'm broken.

But then a friend was nice enough to point out what I was doing wrong - that losing weight should be 70% diet and 30% exercise... well, there's the forehead slap heard round the neighborhood, I had that backwards!

So here I am.... ready to take this on (at least until I get discouraged) and hoping at at the end of this, the sight of my numbers on the scale doesn't make me want to slaughter kittens.

;-)

Replies

• Fergie21
    Fergie21 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    You can do this! MP has helped me so much.
  • amdinsmore
    amdinsmore Posts: 4
    Options
    Thanks!!

^_^
  • mtaylor1980
    mtaylor1980 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    LOL me too...and I recently started watching what I eat about a month ago. So hopefully I will get results soon! I was killing it at the gym, and that damn scale would not budge!!!
  • Blanche76
    Blanche76 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Welcome, I don't weigh myself since the numbers are always different, now I go by on how many inches I've lost and how my clothes fits. Are you able to workout more than 3 times a week? Good luck!
  • Fergie21
    Options
    How many calories are you eating?
  • amdinsmore
    Options
    I'm pretty sure all scales are possessed by demons before packaging.

And that the process results in an increase in cost as well.
  • webdaughter
    webdaughter Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I totally understand what you mean about not seeing results...I have been there done that. I now need to loose over 100 pounds and have to get this done now. I am being extreamly serious about getting this done but am doing it with my own sarcastic style. If you are intrested in friending me I would be excited to have you on board. I have to tell you up front, I am all about daily...(if not more so) checking in, total honestly and just digging my heals in and kicking this things *kitten*! So if you are in...friend me...I would love to work with you! We can do it together!!
  • amdinsmore
    Options
    I am trying to stay as close to 1300-1500 calorie range as possible but with my condition and the massive restrictions in the things I can eat, dieting is a real pain in the *kitten*.

Exercising tends to flare up my bladder and if I push myself too hard I'm in bed unable to move for 2-3 days afterwards because of my Interstitial Cystitis but I am learning how much I can tolerate as far as exercising per week goes.

It's been interesting, to say the least.
  • Fergie21
    Options
    Oh dear, that doesnt sound good at all.

If your eating 1300-1500 calories you won't have to push yourself so hard at exercising.
    How many calories do you burn in an average session?

Sorry i'm nosey <3
  • Brechin89
    Brechin89 Posts: 92
    Options
    Hello out there!

I'm here because I've done everything I thought I needed to do to see a change in the scales - everything my friends had said they had done and the weight had just "melted" off of them. Well, I must be dysfunctional because I followed all the same steps and my weight loss yo-yoed back and forth between gaining and losing the same six pounds. >.< Talk about an ego kill.

So I tried adding some exercise - serious stuff too! Three times a week, starting with pilates and moving into three solid hours of cardio in the form of Kinect dancing with the xbox. And NOTHING!

Yep, I'm broken.

But then a friend was nice enough to point out what I was doing wrong - that losing weight should be 70% diet and 30% exercise... well, there's the forehead slap heard round the neighborhood, I had that backwards!

So here I am.... ready to take this on (at least until I get discouraged) and hoping at at the end of this, the sight of my numbers on the scale doesn't make me want to slaughter kittens.

;-)

Haven't ever used an xbox for losing weight. I reall doubt it helps that much. Your better off going to the gym.
  • tabane
    tabane Posts: 1
    Options
    Be persistent. Know that you are worth it. I am not losing weight right now but I have lost inches and pant and shirt sizes. My fat is turning to muscle. So it is like... wait for it... wait for it ... Please don't give up. Please post how it is going soon.
  • buffymarie1
    Options
    Ive been doing this for right a month now an i stay within my calories (most days i dont use them all) but ive quit loosing an i can't tell where its helped lose in my stomach at all. ant suggestions? I use the ski machine about 45 min. a day
  • Brechin89
    Brechin89 Posts: 92
    Options
    get off the machine... Start doing High Intense Cardio to burn the layers of fat on your tummy.

Instead of using that machine use the cable system to do cable crunches. Also do some leg raises from a hanging position.

Abs are very rare to develop on pure diet. It takes a lot of time in the gym to get those abs...