over by 650+ calories

Options
Hey, hi, I went over calories again and was trying to get back on track. my cousin came to town tonight unexpectedly and it was great to go out and be treated to such delicious mexican food! guacamole with crab meat, skirt steak nachos, ceviche, and mushroom truffle pizza and a mango mojito! so so good. but now my belly is super full. i was hungry when i got there. we shared almost everything. and now i'm wondering do i take time and head to the gym which I also consider my studio. I know I can burn 300 calories on the cybex machine. I have other stuff to do too. And I'm really full still. This seems so absurd to post but hey I thought I'd give it a shot and see if anyone has any advice for a dieter!

Replies

• poeticallydevine
    poeticallydevine Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    untill you learn to discipline yourself.. .you are going to have more and more of these slip ups.. and of course just like misery likes company same goes for those who not aware you are trying to lose weight or know you are and are destined to sabatoge your success. so just take the "L" for the day and start fresh tomorrow. no need in trying to go overboard with a workout just to make up for the excesses in your calorioc intake
  • lynnmarie60
    lynnmarie60 Posts: 325
    Options
    At this point you should start over tomorrow however, I do know from experience if you work out after a fatty meal it makes you feel alittle better about yourself.
  • C00lCountry
    C00lCountry Posts: 282
    Options
    If you are 500 deficit means you are only over 150 today's Maintainence.
    Working out on a full stomach doesn't sound so healthy either.
  • DeeA_Lynn
    DeeA_Lynn Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    thanks for responding! what does L stand for? Lesson? next time. for sure. allow yourself to enjoy amazing food and somehow not overdo it because then the job turns to something else. maybe the motto "stop while you are having fun" will work in the situation next time. thank you. thank you!
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    Mark this day as a loss and just look to tomorrow. Everyone has their bad days, but poeticallydev is correct in saying unless you learn discipline it'll just happen again. Basically learn from history. You ate what sounds like a lot of food with most if not all being very high in calories, fat, sodium, and other stuff and the result was being over your calorie goal by a little more than half a thousand calories. You don't always have to do calorie checks on food before you eat especially if someone's in town or it's a celebration, but do watch how much you take in and try to listen to your body when it gets to that "I'm not hungry anymore" stage, not the "dear god quit shoving food in me I'm going to implode" stage.
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    When I do it, I just think about the fact that that doesn't even make half a pound. Move on and just keep on going strong tomorrow. Unless you just focus too much on it now and let it all go downhill then it won't make much of a difference.
  • moran1917
    moran1917 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    you still have 3 days left this week for working out and eating. just add 100 caloried to three workouts and eat 100 calories less than normal each day.....
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    It's not going to cause you to gain fat, so don't worry too much. Get back on track tomorrow. I always have one or two days where I don't log my calories. I eat what I want and don't worry about it. It's never kept me from losing weight.
  • DeeA_Lynn
    DeeA_Lynn Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    moran1917 - that sounds like a plan though any time I am under calories, I am always hungry for real. and tuesday I was also over by 600 or so...

aproc - so true, the downward spiral is what I'm fearing is looming because i was over Sat & Sunday too... But there are hints of being back on track this week so perhaps moran1917's suggestion is the only option! the weekends are the hardest.

saragato - thank you and you are hilarious with a great lesson that I know I didn't follow "try to listen to your body when it gets to that "I'm not hungry anymore" stage, not the "dear god quit shoving food in me I'm going to implode" stage." I certainly heard the message I'm not hungry any more. And my cousin even said you could take that home and have two lunches. But then I ate more! I have to listen and respect the message next time.

C00lCountry - I've decided to be happy about the dinner and relax. when the full belly subsides I hope to do a bit of work later but work out in the morning instead. thank you.

I'm so glad I posted, I am learning a lot and getting such good advice from all, thank you!