Dealing with Negativity

Options
Ever since I put on 100 pounds, I've noticed other people my age stare and smirk. Especially guys. How do you keep going when you just want to give up? It's so hard for me to even start exercising, because I rather curl into a ball and sleep the whole day. It's almost like I've given up, but I don't want to - not really.

Replies

• chris1529
    chris1529 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    People can be so darn rude! Stay focused on your goals! And believe me when I tell you that exercise and eating better will help you not only feel better but it will help you feel more confident. Once you start seeing the weight fall off, you will want to keep exercising and eating better so that you can further those results! Keeping count of your calories on MFP will help you stay accountable and it will also help you to see how many calories we consume on junk. I look at food in a different way now. Don't get me wrong, I still love foods that aren't so good for me BUT I try to limit them. Where as before, I was eating them all day long! I let go of sodas and sweet teas. I don't want to waste calories on a drink, I'd rather eat my calories. DON'T GIVE UP! YOU CAN DO THIS!
  • DesignGuy
    DesignGuy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Not sure what age you are, but negativity will never, ever go away. Many people are negative because they are empty inside. I think it's worse in the younger crowd because, well, ya need to grow up. But the thing is, lots of people never grow up. :)

Bottom line, toughen up and never,ever give all those other people any power over your life.
  • MonicaT1972
    MonicaT1972 Posts: 512
    Options
    Only you can motivate yourself from within, no one on the outside can do it for you. It's as simple as that.

If you want results you have to put in the work to get them.

I spent years hating only shopping in plus size stores, I spent years hating women that were skinny, I spent years jealous of those that were losing weight and succeeding...then I woke up on January 12 of this year and said "this is it" I want to be me again and feel good.

At first I only went out walking after dark so no one would see me. I went to the gym at odd hours when it was quiet and all the hardbody's as I call them were not there. As I have become more comfortable I have expanded my horizons.

if you really want it bad enough you can do it! Trust me once you start seeing results there's no turning back!!!
  • JoyousJustine67
    JoyousJustine67 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    People who are miserable love to make others unhappy i have had to learn to Walk in Love i am a work in progress it is hard to just smile and walk away but i know this is what God wants ♥♥♥
  • nicew0
    nicew0 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Don't give anyone power over you. Keep it for yourself. And absolutely go to college. You'll have more regret if you don't go than you would about the possibility of running into someone.
  • cellokitty91
    cellokitty91 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Please don't give up on yourself! There is so much support here and as long as you keep up the faith and dedication you'll see results. :]
    And do yourself a favor and ignore the negative; you're better than that.
  • runmybunsoff
    runmybunsoff Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    DON'T internalize it and DON'T be the victim!!=) You just gotta let it go, because truthfully, its not YOU that they have a problem with. Please believe me!! It's their problem if they are judging you when they don't even know you. And that is what's so unfortunate about society sometimes. But really, the only person that can change you is YOU, and only you! When I finally realized this on my own after some serious introspection (and this took a quite a lot of time vis-a-vis trial and error), I finally realized how powerful of a freakin' human being I was/am... lol..and anything you want can really freakin' be possible. It's a sweet but odd mix of emotions, really. I hope this makes sense..and helps you in some way. :)
  • Rocking_Robin
    Rocking_Robin Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • jenlarz
    jenlarz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    So many people have to make others feel bad to feel good about themselves! You are here doing this for yourself not for the nasty people who don't have such positive things going for them! Yes it's hard work but the payoff is priceless!