leftover calories...

Options
i was looking at my reports from throughout the week.. and i have at least 350-7 hundred something calories leftover EVERYDAY. without even trying. i dont understand how im doing this. i dont want to gain or be stuck at my same weight.. so how do i get myself to eat more. lol.. (crazy question i know)

Replies

• kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    I never have that problem :embarassed: Sorry I can't help :embarassed:

It comes naturally for me :bigsmile: I have problems not going over by that much :embarassed:

I do know that Peanut Butter has lots of calories and it's good for you:flowerforyou:

so does chocolate....but not the good kind of calories :embarassed:
  • CrystalT
    CrystalT Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I found this article the other day. It has a lot of good ideas for adding calories to your day in a healthy way.

http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/nutrition_articles.asp?id=593
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    I usually have the same issue especially on the 5 days a week I go to the gym. I eat pretty much all of my cals but very little if any of my exercise one. I have been trying to add more cals by making diferent choices.

You don't necessarly have to eat more in quantity of food, just make choices that are calorie dense. Snack on things such as dried fruit and nuts. Have peanut butter on crackers or toast to up the calories. If you drink skim milk go for 1%, and add a tsp or 2 of oil to pasta and other cooked dishes. Good luck.
  • sleepl8s
    Options
    Either less exercise or eat more during the day. Inroduce more breads and grains into your diet. a cup of brown rice is about 200 calories. You can make up that deficiency easily with breads and grains.
  • jonathanmcurry
    Options
    i don't know what your eating schedule is like, but try eating 5 smaller meals a day. it'll be easier to make up the calories b/c you'll be eating more meals. i have a problem trying to eat all my calories on days that i workout but i'm usually only 300-400 under. i've started adding snacks between breakfast and lunch and lunch and dinner and i'm down to only about -100 calories for the day now. best of luck.
  • EKarma
    EKarma Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    I have the same problems, and it's like, if I'm full than why do I hve to eat more.. A good way to add those extra 200 calls is to drink milk.. A lot of the time we stop drinking milk cause we're drinking water.. Have a 8 oz glass of fat free (for me) milk with your b-fast and your dinner.. That will at least add 180 cals and it's milk! It's good for you! :wink:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,987 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :laugh: :laugh:
    Whenever I see that I'll have extra calories because of major exercise, I celebrate because it means that I can have Wasa crackers and peanut butter for an extra snack. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • jazzy020106
    jazzy020106 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :laugh: :laugh:
    Whenever I see that I'll have extra calories because of major exercise, I celebrate because it means that I can have Wasa crackers and peanut butter for an extra snack. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    \

lol thats funny! thanks for the advice though. I dont think im going to have that problem today though lol... i just came from the gym and woofed down 2 sandwhiches! i was starving! lol.. i just couldnt believe i was under so much. and when i thought about it.. im not starving myself or anything. im just eating like i normally do... (healthier choices obviously) but i will have to eat more bread and peanut butter lol