supplements ?????????

Options
ive just started a new exercise routine. im now cycling 6 miles a day to get to work and back. its also note worthy that im a cleaner in a school so for the 2 and half hours that im in work im also sweating and working pysically.
my body is aching so much, not just my muscles but my joints and im wondering if and what supplements i should / could take and also if i should take any protein supplements as i dont have much protein in my normal diet.
im pretty clueless when it comes to this so any help and advice would be greatly appreciated

-Z-

Replies

• creature275
    creature275 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    protein powder - Optimum Nutrition 100% gold standard whey and 100% gold standard casein for when your asleep if you wanna go the extra mile

for my joints I take the GNC joint vitamin packs it has fish oil, glucosamine chondroitin and a milti vitamin in it runs about $1 a day not bad and worth it those things save my *kitten* in the gym haha.
  • FORIANN
    FORIANN Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    protein powder - Optimum Nutrition 100% gold standard whey and 100% gold standard casein for when your asleep if you wanna go the extra mile

for my joints I take the GNC joint vitamin packs it has fish oil, glucosamine chondroitin and a milti vitamin in it runs about $1 a day not bad and worth it those things save my *kitten* in the gym haha.

^^This. Protein Powder (ON is probably the best their is) and fish oil. Google the benefits of fish oil...astonishingly good for you. If you want to get an excellent grade product for less money on that front look up '7 Seas Fish Oil' on Amazon. It's cheaper than GNC and just as good or better quality. The ON is gonna' cost ya' though.
  • mrseelmerfudd
    mrseelmerfudd Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    i use myprotein.co.uk's impact whey as its cheap and i find it effective. strawberry and choc smooth are both yummy and only 98cals per scoop. everyone on here who takes protein has preferences, and some people will like certain proteins and others wont. its all down to personal preference. you could increase your protein in your diet by eating more high protein foods, nuts, eggs etc if you dont want to have to supplement.
  • zdbeaumont
    zdbeaumont Posts: 12
    Options
    i think i need some sort of protein supplement as im quite a fussy eater. i dont like, nuts, fish and a few other things.
  • FORIANN
    FORIANN Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Also, the fact that you're on MFP is huge. Working out is very important...ALMOST as important as what you eat.
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    ive just started a new exercise routine. im now cycling 6 miles a day to get to work and back. its also note worthy that im a cleaner in a school so for the 2 and half hours that im in work im also sweating and working pysically.
    my body is aching so much, not just my muscles but my joints and im wondering if and what supplements i should / could take and also if i should take any protein supplements as i dont have much protein in my normal diet.
    im pretty clueless when it comes to this so any help and advice would be greatly appreciated

-Z-

You should consider talking with your doctor about what would be appropriate where you are admitting you have an imbalanced diet. That way your doctor will be 'on board' with the fact of you doing exercise and he/she can help you further if you are currently being treated for anything else.... You dont want to risk taking anything OTC and have a dreadful reaction/response.
  • mrseelmerfudd
    mrseelmerfudd Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Also, the fact that you're on MFP is huge. Working out is very important...ALMOST as important as what you eat.

i wouldnt agree. i am sporty- i have been sporty ALL my life. my weight stems from my pregnancy when i put on 4 stone and have never got it back off because my diet was so poor. i exercise approx 5-6 times a week- all vigourous activity and always have and still put on. the key is diet.only when i got my diet sorted did i start to lose weight.
  • sandraDallas
    Options
    OMEGA 3 reduces inflammation per National Insttute of Health - I eat 1/4 cups walnuts and 2 packets of Coromega Omega 3 Orange flavor emulsion each day.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12480795

I haven't done any research on the maximum safe level of Omega 3 - don't know if it's possible to get too much, or if it's like Vitamin C and your body just expels the amount that exceeds what it can use.
  • zdbeaumont
    zdbeaumont Posts: 12
    Options
    thanks for all the imformation and adds , im off to holland and barrets today to get something will post what ive bought later