Dr says to take multivitamin which one

Options
Dr says to take a multi vitamin but i have gi issues with iron. Just curious if anyone has any suggestions with mutlivitamins. I am 28yro and in menopause.

Replies

• sandraDallas
    Options
    Stick with major brands and test them by putting one in a glass of water and seeing how long it takes to dissolve.
  • ratellcm
    ratellcm Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I chose mine based on price, haha! Got a drugstore-brand over a brand-name because it had more of the things I needed (unlike you I need more iron), and then they were so much cheaper! I picked a daily women's..but the boxes should give you some info if you peruse the aisle!
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    The women's multis do have more iron, maybe stay away from those.
  • chocoholicdiva
    chocoholicdiva Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I take one because I take seizure meds, and like you my doctor (specfically my neurologist) suggested I take one to counteract my meds negative reactions on my insides. I take the store's version of Centrum, plus a Vitamin D for safe measure. Can't hurt, right? I have to get back to taking Omega 3 fish oil capsules, too, I used to take them before but I ran out and forgot to get some more after that. They're really good to take too.
  • TheDevastator
    TheDevastator Posts: 1,626 Member
    Options
    Super Nutrition Women's Blend Iron Free Antioxidant Rich Multi-Vitamin

I take the men's version. They are more expensive but also contain the daily value of calcium and magnesium not found it most vitamins.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I take the adult gummies - they're delicious and I never forget to take them unlike those gigantic nasty foul tasting ones I was always forgetting to take before...
  • millesun
    millesun Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I take the adult gummies - they're delicious and I never forget to take them unlike those gigantic nasty foul tasting ones I was always forgetting to take before...
    Lol I too have started taking gummy vitamins and never for get them!
  • andrea198721
    andrea198721 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I take regular old One a Day for women.... You could probably try one of the "silver" versions?? I also take B12 and Fish Oil. good luck....there are a ton out there to try. Maybe check a vitamin shop and an associate can help you pick....I once went to GNC and the guy working gave me a couple of free sample packets.
  • kd80538
    kd80538 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I have been taking the One-A-Day Women's Active Metabolism for the past year...has worked well for me. I just switched this week to the Beachbody ActiVit. The one thing it's missing is the Iron...which is where I miss my one a day...but giving it about a week or so to see how my body adjusts to the different mix.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Lol I too have started taking gummy vitamins and never for get them!
    This. I can't stand regular vitamins, they make me sick.
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    controlled labs orange triad.