You would never believe...

When I was i high school I began starving myself and I lost down to 100 lbs. I was keeping myself at a maximum of 600 calories a day. I starved myself habitually until the beginning of my sophomore year of college when classes got harder and unhealthy mochas and pizzas were easily accessible to keep me awake long periods of time. When I reached this point in life, I began to gain 20 pounds a year. When I finally gained to 180 pounds I was graduating and planning a wedding and I began to think "Oh my god...I'm going to be the biggest I've ever been on my wedding day!" I tried starving myself again, thinking that was the only way to lose weight, but then I gained 10 more pounds!

That was starvation mode at it's best. STARVATION MODE IS REAL AND IT WILL MAKE YOU GAIN WEIGHT. I was beginning to think that I had completely broken my metabolism until I found this website. Now I've lost 8 pounds and I already feel better about myself!

I still struggle with needing to eat my exercise calories, but I'm learning healthier ways to eat and now I see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Thank you to everyone on this site who is helping me find my way :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Replies

• HannahRoo
    HannahRoo Posts: 48 Member
    When I was i high school I began starving myself and I lost down to 100 lbs. I was keeping myself at a maximum of 600 calories a day. I starved myself habitually until the beginning of my sophomore year of college when classes got harder and unhealthy mochas and pizzas were easily accessible to keep me awake long periods of time. When I reached this point in life, I began to gain 20 pounds a year. When I finally gained to 180 pounds I was graduating and planning a wedding and I began to think "Oh my god...I'm going to be the biggest I've ever been on my wedding day!" I tried starving myself again, thinking that was the only way to lose weight, but then I gained 10 more pounds!

That was starvation mode at it's best. STARVATION MODE IS REAL AND IT WILL MAKE YOU GAIN WEIGHT. I was beginning to think that I had completely broken my metabolism until I found this website. Now I've lost 8 pounds and I already feel better about myself!

I still struggle with needing to eat my exercise calories, but I'm learning healthier ways to eat and now I see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Thank you to everyone on this site who is helping me find my way :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • DjBliss05
    DjBliss05 Posts: 682
    Congrats on making the choice to do lose weight in a healthy way!

I'm sure you'll look beautiful on your wedding day!
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    I think you look lovely now and will make a beautiful bride!!!!

I wish you lots of luck and glad you were able to help others that may not realize what harm starving yourself can do to your body.....the younger you are the easier it is to do...and maybe the weight will come off...but I will promise it will be pure torture trying to maintain it and extremely hard to lose again if you regain any weight....its just not a good thing and sorry you found out the hard way...hugs!

but look at you now 8 pounds already....the right way!...way to go!

hugs!
    Ali
  • hmmmm
    hmmmm Posts: 607 Member
    I am glad you shared this with everyone. It keepS people (myself included) from not going under their calories. Good luck on the rest of the weight
  • HannahRoo
    HannahRoo Posts: 48 Member
    Oops! I forgot to mention that DH and I were married on June 16th of last year. So I was the largest I had ever been on my wedding day, but that's all behind now and I know I need to loose this weight the healthy way, even if it is after the wedding pictures. It was still the happiest day of my life!!!
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    awww of course it was!!!! and I'll rephrase my first sentence....you must have made a beautiful bride LOL

hugs!
    ali