Which are the correct calories burned?

Options
Tlr0721
Tlr0721 Posts: 21 Member
I have a pedometer that I wear everyday and all day and then my treadmill has a calorie burned counter. When I get done walking the calories burned are way different and then the calories listed on MFP is way different than pedometer and treadmill. Which should I use? I am confused......LOL....I would say just go by the one that says the most calories burned, BUT that is cheating....LOL!!!!! I have been going. Y what my treadmill says!

Replies

• spammyanna
    spammyanna Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Take an average, or go with the lower number.
  • Babsvii
    Babsvii Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    you should get a HRM, that is the only way to really know for sure which is correct. MFP is always wrong... so is the treadmill... i have never used a pedometer before.
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    If you eat your exercise calories...and you put in to many....you will not lose weight, and may even gain!!
    You need a HRM with a chest strap...Then I would go with the HRM. Treadmills are usually high, unless your putting all your information in them.
  • Chipmaniac
    Chipmaniac Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Always enter you weight in a treadmill. I've found the Precor treadmills to be relatively accurate when gauged against my HRM, but only if the weight is entered as the amount of energy required varies tremendously by the weight of the person. I've found other brand of treadmills to have exaggerated calorie totals.
  • DKBelle
    DKBelle Posts: 585
    Options
    I would go with the lower number as most of them are not accurate no matter what kind of product you use...
  • OccupyFitness
    OccupyFitness Posts: 147
    Options
    I always pick the least amount.
  • Fit4Evolution
    Fit4Evolution Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    take the one that measures your heartbeat.. and to be more accurate age and weight
  • Way_2_a_Healthy_Mel
    Way_2_a_Healthy_Mel Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Always enter you weight in a treadmill. I've found the Precor treadmills to be relatively accurate when gauged against my HRM, but only if the weight is entered as the amount of energy required varies tremendously by the weight of the person. I've found other brand of treadmills to have exaggerated calorie totals.

I use a Precor elliptical at my gym, and it is always about 100 calories or more higher than what my HRM says. I don't know about the treadmills, though, because they bore me...lol.