UGH! Feeling discouraged...

Options
I'm trying to lose a total of 62 pounds. I've lost 18 so far and get really frustrated when I look in the mirror because I don't see ANY CHANGES. I currently weigh 219 lbs.. Am I still to heavy to see results? I feel like 18 lbs is a lot of weight though, I should see SOMETHING??? Right?

i HAVE gone down a pant size...so that's good.

Also, I'd love more friends on here, feel free to shoot me a friend request!

Replies

• sarahbetherck
    sarahbetherck Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Changing a size is huge, don't sell that short! It's hard to see the changes in yourself because you see yourself every day. I didn't see anything for a while either until I saw a picture of myself and compared it with an older photo. Bam, there it was!
    Make yourself some mini goals and rewards and trust the process. 62lbs will take some time so find some milestones along the way to celebrate!
  • joeq722
    joeq722 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Exactly, you show all the traits of success here.
    The only thing missing is a little bit more time.
    The only thing that can trip you up now is discouragment,. So dont let that happen!
  • tinana_RN
    tinana_RN Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Slow and steady wins the race :drinker:
  • chattanoogadawn
    chattanoogadawn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Sometimes we do not actually see ourselves as we truly are. I think that is how I gained weight, I just didn't "see" it. Have you thought about if your self esteem is so damaged that you can't see yourself another way. Our minds play a big part in what we have done and sometimes how we deal with or survive life. Believe what you know is true, you have lost a size and that is wonderful! I hope you will be able to feel better about it soon, it is a good thing!
  • gibsonbrooke
    Options
    Thank you all..

People around me have been able to notice. Especially those that I only see every couple of weeks. I am very proud of myself and have no intentions of quitting, but I just want to look in the mirror and be happy (i know, i know, that's impossible for almost everyone). And yes, i'm sure some day I will look back at a picture and say, "Whoa! I was huge!" and then i'll see it. I guess i'll just be patient ;)