Turbo Kick

Options
I have been taking an hour-long Turbo Kick classes (a mix of aerobics and high intensity kick-boxing). I have no idea how to put that into my exercise log to even get an idea of calories burned.

Any suggestions?

Replies

• gxm17
    gxm17 Posts: 374
    Options
    I use SELF magazine's online Burn Calories Health Calculator. Just select kickboxing from the activity bar, fill in your weight and the minutes you worked out and hit the calculate button.
  • andreanicole686
    andreanicole686 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I put it in under kickboxing I weight 132 and 55 minutes burns around 508 calories! I love turbo kick!
  • Pfitzer
    Pfitzer Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I've been doing turbokick regularly for about a year now while wearing a heart rate monitor, I typically burn 600-700 calories in an hour (and I'm 5'6", 140 lbs). Hope that helps :)
  • ncsjodi
    ncsjodi Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I do Turbo Kick all the time. I weigh 168 and burn about 500-550 per hour. MFP has "kickboxing" as an exercise, but it usually overestimates my calorie burn by quite a bit.
  • tlynnclemmons
    tlynnclemmons Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    search kickboxing or Turbo Jam - I love Turbo jam & it's listed in the exercise database.
  • thunt1990
    thunt1990 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Kickboxing is in the system here on mfp. I just log that. I take turbokick every monday. Its awesome and burns a ton of cals!
  • kristibag81
    kristibag81 Posts: 61
    Options
    Thank you all so much!!! I have no idea why I didn't just search for kickboxing! :embarassed:
  • jsagagon
    jsagagon Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I lovelovelove Turbo Kick, and do it several days a week. I wear a Body Bugg, and most recently a FitBit. I weigh about 108, and burn around 375-400/class, depending on the round. And I go balls to the wall, all air jacks, bucket of sweat high intensity. 60min TKB classes (that is WU, P/K/PK sections, 2 turbos, recovery, finale, legs/abs, CD) is closer to 45-50min of cardio.